Info on CORRUPT AUDIO DISKS
Jan 18, 2003 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ArChaos

Headphoneus Supremus
Jan 25, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by ArChaos
These are two sites on which you can find info. about corrupt audio disks = copy-protected CDs.
http://ukcdr.org/issues/cd/warnings/
http://www.fatchucks.com/z3.cd.html

I'm only relieved that the first site is music I don't really care for.

The second site lists a lot of CDs that I've seen on filesharing programs. The copy protection is already foiled, as usual.

Jan 25, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 6
You know what ticks me off... I used to be against the whole CD copying thing but now that the companies are showing such blatant disregard for their customers I'm going to become a freakin' copying fiend.

Feb 8, 2003 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 6
I've been away for about a week or so and I'm amazed at the weak feedback this info got ... I may of course be mistaken but either many people don't care
frown.gif
which seems very unlikely to me or they feel uneasy to openly speak their minds because of RIAA
confused.gif
which should be not less unlikely in a free country... Don't you guys care that the CD you'll buy tomorrow won't be playable on your computer or you won't be able to copy it to use it on your car, at work or wherever you like??? ... not to speak about the damage to audio quality of the disk... Don't you care each one of us is presumed GUILTY of future illegal copying and rights infringement in advance, without any proof?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Edit : I, for myself feel very, very unhappy with this behavior and don't think I'm gonna take it - we all guys have the power to do something and this something is NOT BUY CORRUPT DISKS!!! We can vote with our wallets. The same as people have the right to go on strike at work we can go on strike buying these disks... All we have to do is NOT BUY until they change their politics...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Feb 8, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 6
ArChaos, I agree with you.

I would be happy if the companies would label the damn cd as corrupt so I would know which ones not to buy.

I ended up with a corrupt cd by Cadaveria. I got it from The End and I asked them to see if there was another version available. They checked into it and found out that the corrupt version was the only pressing.
I also submitted the info on that cd to Fat Chucks and that UK site. I only got a reply from the UK site. I then went to the Cadaveria web site and posted on their message board that the cd wouldn't play on my computer.
I did keep the cd. I loaded it into my computer by using my portable player. Then I made a new cd from those wav files. When I went to rip from the cd I made all the information was already in CDDB! So somebody got around the protection. Maybe the same way I did, I don't know.

I considered getting Kazaa or something llike that just to send that Cadaveria music out on the web. But I really have no use for those kinds of programs in my computer.

Quote:

Don't you care each one of us is presumed GUILTY of future illegal copying and rights infringement in advance, without any proof?

Yes I do care. As a gun owner I've been dealing with presumptions like that for years. I guess I got a little numb to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back