Info Needed Please
Sep 18, 2004 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ivan

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I am new here and wanted to say hello and I am so glade I came here
smily_headphones1.gif
. Before I got to this forum, I really thought I knew about "Music" well... I was wrong.. lol. You guys know a great deal and I was shocked. But the reason I put this post up was because, I am planning on buying a Brand new I-pod from a friend 40GB with a Nokia 3300 for about $300 (great deal I think) though I have a slim-x 350/550 and a $40 sony earbud that works great. I wanted to know if I should wait for the 60GB i-pod that I heard about or get this 40GB (I have over 380GB+ from the cd rip collection of mine), so 40GB isn't much but nor is the 60GB. Also I have no idea about amps for headphones/earbuds it's a new concept to me, if possible can someone who has the time tell me what I should get atm or wait and what I need over all (for on the go/stay at home/work) All-in-one set I can put together to have the best of the music world. Like I am a college student so not much money atm but will try my best to get it. If possible can you write a detailed info on Earbuds/Amps and what to do with the I-pod? Thank you all for your great deal of time. Take care.
k1000smile.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 11
A 40 GB iPod currently retails for $400 so that's a great deal (especially since you're getting a cell phone with it too). What model is your Sony earbud? It may actually be of decent quality. Of course you could always upgrade, but before we could start reccomending headphones or amplifiers we'd have to be given a budget and know what kind of music you listen to.

Sep 18, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 11
I could be way off (and I apologise if I am) but something about this thread smells fishy, to me...
biggrin.gif

Unfortunate choice of user name, too...
frown.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
A 40 GB iPod currently retails for $400 so that's a great deal (especially since you're getting a cell phone with it too). What model is your Sony earbud? It may actually be of decent quality. Of course you could always upgrade, but before we could start reccomending headphones or amplifiers we'd have to be given a budget and know what kind of music you listen to.

I listen to all music, but ahh any amp/earphone info you can give me in detail will be great I don't know much about this syuff. And as far as the money thing I can say upto like $200 for phones and all.

Sep 18, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
I could be way off (and I apologise if I am) but something about this thread smells fishy, to me...
biggrin.gif

Unfortunate choice of user name, too...
frown.gif

It's my "real" name what do you want me to do? and fishy? ok...

Sep 18, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan
It's my "real" name what do you want me to do? and fishy? ok...

Hey, if I'm wrong I apologize, unconditionally..
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #7 of 11
Hi ivan, how are you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan
Hi all, I am new here and wanted to say hello and I am so glade I came here
smily_headphones1.gif
. Before I got to this forum, I really thought I knew about "Music" well... I was wrong.. lol. You guys know a great deal and I was shocked. But the reason I put this post up was because, I am planning on buying a Brand new I-pod from a friend 40GB with a Nokia 3300 for about $300 (great deal I think) though I have a slim-x 350/550 and a $40 sony earbud that works great. I wanted to know if I should wait for the 60GB i-pod that I heard about or get this 40GB (I have over 380GB+ from the cd rip collection of mine), so 40GB isn't much but nor is the 60GB. Also I have no idea about amps for headphones/earbuds it's a new concept to me, if possible can someone who has the time tell me what I should get atm or wait and what I need over all (for on the go/stay at home/work) All-in-one set I can put together to have the best of the music world. Like I am a college student so not much money atm but will try my best to get it. If possible can you write a detailed info on Earbuds/Amps and what to do with the I-pod? Thank you all for your great deal of time. Take care.
k1000smile.gif

OMG. I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way; it is not just *this*+*that* sort of thing.
I'm fairly new to the board myself and I found out is a rather complex subject. I'm not going to go into details (first language not english) but if you use the Search of the forum you can get a lot of very great and valuable information and learn most if not all you need to know.

As far as earbuds/canalphone goes I would suggest the Ety-ER6i. They're new... originally made for ipods but work well with other players too. Best bang for the buck according to many reviews.
And if you think "$40 sony earbud works great" you could be blown away by them
icon10.gif

Quote:

...All-in-one set I can put together to have the best of the music world.

let's hope toaster doesn't read this
icon10.gif
... very funny.

-sorry I couldn't be of anymore help

PS:
whichever you go for, don't forget to let us know your impressions
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Hey, if I'm wrong I apologize, unconditionally..
biggrin.gif

Np sorry, I am just going crazy over on what to get
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousVoiger
Hi ivan, how are you.

OMG. I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way; it is not just *this*+*that* sort of thing.
I'm fairly new to the board myself and I found out is a rather complex subject. I'm not going to go into details (first language not english) but if you use the Search of the forum you can get a lot of very great and valuable information and learn most if not all you need to know.

As far as earbuds/canalphone goes I would suggest the Ety-ER6i. They're new... originally made for ipods but work well with other players too. Best bang for the buck according to many reviews.
And if you think "$40 sony earbud works great" you could be blown away by them
icon10.gif

let's hope toaster doesn't read this
icon10.gif
... very funny.

-sorry I couldn't be of anymore help

PS:
whichever you go for, don't forget to let us know your impressions
wink.gif

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolt San
Is all your stuff ripped lossless?
Because if not, you must own like 7000 cds.
eek.gif

well ahh atm I don't have much but by the time I do get it Might add like 4 250GB's if possible (that's if I have enough money).

Also I mean I have searched the forum but really don't everything about iPod+good phones+amps.. Think someone can explain it to me more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back