Quick Specs:
* Dolby Digital 6.1 or DVD-Audio Support;
* Maximum playback rate: 192KHz with 24-bit precision;
* Maximum recording rate: 96KHz with 24-bit precision;
* Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106db (6db higher than that of the original Audigy);
* Frequency response: from 10Hz to 46KHz;

Spotted at X-bit Labs here

Sep 24, 2002 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 6
One thing that isn't clear (among many, I suppose) is what software will be required to play DVD-A's. Will we be forced to use a version of the Creative Labs Playcenter? Will there be an upgrade to PowerDVD? WinDVD? PC DVD drives of more than 5x speed supposedly are hardware-ready to play DVD-As but the necessary software has never been available.

Sep 24, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 6
<shudder> After the Sb live, driver problems, paying for drivers, waiting in LINE for drivers, creative will REALLY have to do a 180 to bring me back.

Sep 27, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
<shudder> After the Sb live, driver problems, paying for drivers, waiting in LINE for drivers, creative will REALLY have to do a 180 to bring me back.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I've never had a problem with my SB Live or with drivers. I've been very pleased with my Live Drive, and used the coax a lot.

Oh well....

Sep 27, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106db (6db higher than that of the original Audigy)

The Audigy's factual S/N ratio was measured at 85db at best. Always trust in Creative to dole out the accurate spec's. Don't be surprised to see this thing operate at 48khz internally.

Sep 28, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 6
i bought my sb audigy mostly for one simple reason: pc gaming. games with eax advanced hd really provide an extremely immersive experience, and all the other bells and whistles are nice too. however, as a musical source, for some strange reason i find that the audigy card just seems to lack "life"... music is a lot less brimming with vitality... it's really hard to put my finger on it. i'm comparing this to the listening i did over the summer back in taipei, which was more than a month ago, but even now i miss the intensity that was present in the sony dvd players i get back at home. the specs that creative labs has released about the audigy2 seem unrealistic, and sound like bare numbers that represent nothing about the musicality of the card (and unless the card proves to be exceptionally musical, i won't want to hear dvd-a on it anyway, plus u'd need to get a good dvd-a drive too). since the eax hasn't been upgraded, i see no reason to purchase this card instead of the older audigy series for the purposes of gaming. if i were u, i'd get an audigy gamer, then save money for an entirely separate dvd-a player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back