Inexpensive RCA cable?
Dec 17, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #32 of 46
I went from some cheap RCAs to BJC LC-1 and there really is a difference. I can't prove any changes in sound quality or something like that but what I can say for sure is that the shielding (and maybe everything else) on the old cable was very poor as the old one picked up interference and the new doesn't.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #33 of 46
Couldn't be anymore satisfied with my BJC LC-1's. Although if your equipment is placed in a tight spot where room in the back is limited, I would definitely pick up some right angle RCA adapters as well, since the LC-1 is significantly thicker and less flexible than the standard stuff.

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldn't be anymore satisfied with my BJC LC-1's. Although if your equipment is placed in a tight spot where room in the back is limited, I would definitely pick up some right angle RCA adapters as well, since the LC-1 is significantly thicker and less flexible than the standard stuff.

I just ordered some BJC LC-1 cables so I'm glad to see all these great comments about them. Finally, I must have done something good!!! LOL!

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #35 of 46
Has anyone heard of 'Fisual'? I found them when looking for cheap yet kind of decent interconnects.

Im not sure about the US but over here in England a 1ft OFC silver covered stereo phono interconnect is only £15 (~$30?). The build quality is very good and they seem to sound great.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #36 of 46
If you were looking for component video, these are nice.

2 each Acoustic Research 6' oxygen free cables with gold plated RCAs - $12.95

Here is the Link

58-12260.jpg

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #37 of 46
I use Zu Oxyfuel bought from here or Ebay - about $25-30/pair. I also picked up numerous Nordost Black Knights for an average of $50/pair. Another cable I've found cheap here is the FroZen cables. I prefer to stay far away from cable debate, I just like to use good looking and well constructed cables that can be had used for $25-$50.

Dec 28, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #39 of 46
Dec 28, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #40 of 46
Radio shack cables are terrible. Don't mean to sound rude but every radio shack cable I've owned has basically fallen apart in less than 6 months. The cables on that link look a bit better quality than what I'm used too though .

I was shopping around for quality moderately priced cables the other day and it looks like Dayton Audio at partsexpress.com makes some nice cables for the money.

Parts Expressayton RCAV-1.5 RCA Audio/Video Cable 1-1/2 ft.

I bought one of their minijack to y rca cables for my new Darkvoice 332.

Dec 28, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #41 of 46
Fetalgoat: Radio shack cables are terrible. Don't mean to sound rude but every radio shack cable I've owned has basically fallen apart in less than 6 months. The cables on that link look a bit better quality than what I'm used too though .
I appreciate your perspective, and, as regards mostly all cables sold by the Shack, I would agree. However, one, I trust Billy's judgement implicitly, and two, because of an urgent, unexpected need, I need to purchase three pairs of affordable, decent quality, usable 2m/6ft RCA interconnect cables at some brick and mortar store tomorrow!

Any other suggestions?

JC

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #42 of 46
A local supermarket was having a clearance on the Acoustic Research Performance series (mentioned earlier in the thread), so I picked up a few pairs. They function very well and have strong connectors. I'd rate the construction quality as similar to any "budget" Monster cable you're likely to find in a B&M store, and the AR cables are significantly cheaper. The RCAs usually sell for between $12-15/pair.

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A local supermarket was having a clearance on the Acoustic Research Performance series (mentioned earlier in the thread), so I picked up a few pairs. They function very well and have strong connectors. I'd rate the construction quality as similar to any "budget" Monster cable you're likely to find in a B&M store, and the AR cables are significantly cheaper. The RCAs usually sell for between $12-15/pair.

Is the store one that had those on closeout one I would also find here in Michigan? I would grab those in a minute, assuming they could be had in 2m/6ft lengths.

JC

Dec 28, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the store one that had those on closeout one I would also find here in Michigan? I would grab those in a minute, assuming they could be had in 2m/6ft lengths.

It was at Meijer about a year ago. For some reason, my local store had clearanced a bunch of RCA cables: a lot of RCA-brand stuff, some cheap Recoton, and the Acoustic Research cables. IIRC, the AR cables were around $5 each for 6-foot pairs.

I bought two pairs and wish I'd bought more! Inexpensive cables like the ARs are perfect for devices that don't require high fidelity (ex. old 1-bit CD changer, tape player, cheap turntable, etc.).

I can't think of any other cheap cables that are worth recommending without having to order online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back