Inexpensive, quality aux cable
May 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

curtisngl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking to replace the stock cable for my PSB M4U1 with a better quality cable, but I'm not looking to spend on an extreme upgrade cable that is "sure to improve sound". I am hoping you guys can help reccomend a better quality cable than the stock cable that may or may not improve sound quality. I'm looking for an aux cable that has shielding and uses oxygen free copper, and likely uses thicker wire than my stock cable. Currently a few cables I've been looking at are ones like a media bridge right angle cable, Ugreen cables, veniton cables, and Honeywell cables. A cable that isn't coiled would be preferred.
Thanks!

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 3
So, which one did you end-up buying? I myself am wondering if Vention and Media bridge are worth the price. I'm more worried if they degrade the sound and there is no way for my noob ears to detect it.

I'm looking for a 2 RCA MALE TO STEREO FEMALE cable and Monoprice doesn't have it in the length I need. I have their 6 inch cable and it is too short for my use case. Other brands that fit my budget (under 10USD) are Vention and Ugreen. I'm wondering if anybody can vouch for the quality of their cables.

It would be greay to have a feedback thread of sorts for cheap cables. Something cheaper than BlueJean etc., One might say, just stick to stock or non-descript cables but I have noticed improvement when I switched to Bandrige (USB) and Monoprice cables from stock/cheap non-descript brands. Also, my wallet doesn't allow me to spend more than around 10$ per cable. At the same time, my gear is all under 150 USD so far. So, I guess 10 is where it is right now for me and it would be great to have people posting the cables they like.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Ok, Looks like not many are on the hunt right now like me. For future reference, I use a mix of bandrige and monoprice cables as of now. Like them both. I am going to order, Belkin Gold USB, Media Bridge/Kabel Direct RCA To stereo, along with 2-3 Monoprice/HOSA/Planet Waves stereo coupler/adapter to directly connect the headphones to DAC. No amp as of now :frowning2:.

On another note, I found that Digiyes, Vention and Ugreen cables seem to have good reviews on amazon. These seem to be Chinese brands since they are cheaper on Aliexpress. I really liked various items on Ugreen AE store.

Found a Monster RCA cable for about 15$ and Audioquest for 22$. I will reserve that for future upgrade. 

Hope, more people keep sharing their thoughts on their BUDGET cable inventory. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back