Inexpensive neutral DJ cans?
Mar 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

markanini

100+ Head-Fier
I remember reading about a pair of inexpensive DJ cans with rather neutral characteristics a while back. Even a graph indicating the same. Now I've looked over the JVC, Technics, Pioneer and Panasonic line but none seem to match. Am I misremembering or what?

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 14
Most DJ headphones are tuned to have a lot of bass and a lot of isolation so you can hear them over the loudspeakers. Im not sure you want a neutral DJ can if your playing shows. I haven't heard them, but some DJs use the Sennheiser HD25, which has a good reputation around here...

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 14
I wont be using them for actual DJ'ing, rather tracking with my band. Hmm, I remember a discussion in Amazon user reviews about the model I'm thinking of where some mentioned lack of bass, another user argued about the accuracy of the bass. Does this ring any bells EYEdROP?

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 14
The AKG K81DJ's are fairly neutral and inexpensive. Is that what you're thinking of?

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #6 of 14
why not m50's? They are monitoring headphones, which is what youll be using them for and not djing.

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
why not m50's? They are monitoring headphones, which is what youll be using them for and not djing.

Monitoring? Where did you get that from?
blink.gif

Maybe I'll just pick up a bunch of Senn HD202's and call it a day. They're not extremely colored except for a little mid honk and dirt cheap.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 14
There's the Koss Pro DJ100 for $80.

With proper amping it's balanced sounding to me. It's focus is on mids, then bass and then treble.

No frequencies jump out at me really despite the forward mids. It's definitely not bass heavy.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 14

Umm i have no clue....

which is what you'll be doing when listening to your band and your tracks? Unless im understanding you incorrectly.
Quote:
Monitoring? Where did you get that from?
blink.gif

Maybe I'll just pick up a bunch of Senn HD202's and call it a day. They're not extremely colored except for a little mid honk and dirt cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back