Inexpensive Low-Profile Earphones
Apr 27, 2004 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AeroMJE

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Hope this isn't a repost (I did a search through the messages and didn't pull anything up).

Anyway, I'm looking for a decent pair of low-price (< $40) earphones. Now, the set I'm looking for needs to be relatively low profile. I don't want to say portable because I've seen many portable earphones that are bulky, and I'm really just looking for something that won't feel clunky on my ears. I currently have a pair of Sony's which I quite like, but I find them too big (sorry folks, not sure of the model number).

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Apr 27, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 8
sounds like you could use some koss portapros or ksc-35's

Apr 27, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 8
I tried out a pair of Koss UR29's today... for $30 or so.. they're not bad at all... It was quite impressive, I would take it over anything in Sony's line-up at that price point anyway.

Apr 27, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030
MX400/MX500 or ksc-35 seem right up your alley.

The only gripe I had about the MX series was the short cord length. I couldn't even keep my Karma in my pocket because the MX300's cord was just too short
frown.gif

Just something to consider...

Apr 27, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
I tried out a pair of Koss UR29's today... for $30 or so.. they're not bad at all... It was quite impressive, I would take it over anything in Sony's line-up at that price point anyway.

I bought these some time ago, and they're not bad for the price, but I wasn't using them anymore.

I recently let my daughter rummage through my various older or abandoned headphones (including my HD280's), and she picked the UR29's as the ones she wanted to take away from me - they fold up nicely, feel sturdy, block out some outside sound, don't leak much (she got complaints about the portapro's), and in her opinion, don't look too geeky, so I let her have them. She's quite happy with them.

Carol

Apr 27, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm taking a look around at some of these now, I think the ones that I find most appealing would be the KSC-35s and the MX400/500's. Do either of these types of earphones come with the behind the head style cord? In that there's only one cord and the right phone feeds off the left, or something of the sort.

Thanks for the ideas folks, keep 'em coming (if you have more that is
smily_headphones1.gif
)

--
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back