Inexpensive Clip-On for the GF
Jul 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I need some inexpensive clip on headphone for the GF while she works out. She got the Creative Zen M flash base player so we need to pair up some decent headphones with it.

She's not a nut about audio at all only I am. So we just need decent quality ones.

And I beg you not to make me search the forum. I am sneaking this message in at work. They are watching me....
280smile.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 16
As far as clip-ons go I think the only decent thing out there is the KSC family. What's the problem with KSC's?

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bindibadgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Show us her picture and we may be able to help more.
smily_headphones1.gif

You are looking at her... wink wink *avatar*!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Ok kidding, but a man can dream right? *me ducks as she is over my shoulder reading as I type this*
biggrin.gif

Anyway she doesn't like the way my KSC-35 clips on her ears. Well, fine more for me.

I still wonder if the KSC-75 can hold their own against the lengendary (lol) ksc-35. I have two pairs; one new in box.

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 16
C'mon, man ... you've got 1,000+ posts under your belt, and you still expected to hear something other than KSC?
tongue.gif

Back in my pre-Head fi days, I used a pair of the Sony clip-ons. The clips are spring loaded, so they fit pretty tight, and are decently comfortable - I prefer them to the clips on the KSC75. Of course, they sound pretty crappy, but probably a little better than pack-in earbuds.

...wait, she'll be using them while working out? Screw the clips, get her a behind-the-head style band, like the iGrado or PMX100. That way they'll stay put, and also not sound like garbage.

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back in my pre-Head fi days, I used a pair of the Sony clip-ons. The clips are spring loaded, so they fit pretty tight, and are decently comfortable - I prefer them to the clips on the KSC75. Of course, they sound pretty crappy, but probably a little better than pack-in earbuds.

I had the same Sony clip-ons. Honestly, I loved the way they fit, so much better than the KSC75, and they fit everyone without having to readjust. If there was some way to mod the KSC75 with the Sony clips it would be perfect.
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same Sony clip-ons. Honestly, I loved the way they fit, so much better than the KSC75, and they fit everyone without having to readjust. If there was some way to mod the KSC75 with the Sony clips it would be perfect.
wink.gif

I have a hard time keeping the ksc-75 clips on my small ears. The Ksc-35 clips are much lighter and more comfortable

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Oh man isn't that the truth. I did the $5 walmart radio head band mod to my KSC75s and people think I'm using some junk headphones on my iPod. I don't mind, less attention while I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back