Inexpensive amp with 2 inputs/1 out?
Jul 27, 2005 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ReDVsion

Headphoneus Supremus
I simply can't afford a GS-1 (although I would love to have one), but I still need an amp with dual input and a loop out or pre-out (preferably the latter). I was considering re-purchasing a Gilmore V1 but am open to other suggestions. The amp will be used with a pair of AKG K271s and possibly a Beyerdynamic DT880 in the future. The output will eventually be going to a pair of Blue Sky MediaDesk 2.1 monitors.

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 12
I'm very interested in this thread as well. I'm looking for something along the same lines. I have a pimeta built up this way, but i'd like to get something a little higher end, but not exceed the 400 mark.

Jul 30, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
I was looking for that very thing last year, but couldn't find it. I ended up with a Gilmore Lite and one of these.

How's that workin' out for ya? Can you tell a difference with or without the switchbox?

Jul 30, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
How's that workin' out for ya? Can you tell a difference with or without the switchbox?

It's a great unit, from what I've been able to tell, it is completely silent.

I actually don't leave it in all the time, I just got it to do accurate A/B tests on sources. I had fiddler put in volume pots on two of the inputs so sources could be level matched, and I've tried listening critically between an attenuated input and the non-attenuated input and not found any difference.

Jul 30, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #11 of 12
That's great! Good to know I have the option if I decide not to go with a Gilmore V1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back