Inexpensive (<$50), neutral-sounding dongle for Samsung S20
Jun 27, 2020 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

steelglam

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for a relatively inexpensive, neutral-sounding USB-C to 3.5mm dongle adapter to mate with my Samsung S20. I have been looking at the following three:

1.) Apple Lightning
2.) Meizu HiFi
3.) TempoTec Sonata HD Pro

I get the sense that there are noise issues when mating the Meizu to Android products. Is this true across the board and/or specifically with the Samsung S20 (for anyone that has tried mating these two)? And I also get the sense that the Lightning has volume similar noise issues when mating to Android products. Again, anyone know if this is true across the board and/or specifically with the Samsung S20? I will be using them outside quite a bit, so the volume issue is a dealbreaker for me. Finally, the TempoTec: I've head that it is warm.

Anyone have any other suggestions for a neutral-sounding dongle with no compatibility issues with the Samsung S20? Or can anyone comment on any of the above three that I have noted?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 7
So your looking for an adapter (DAC/amp?) that you would plug your headphones into and plug the adapter's USC-C jack, into the Samsung Galaxy S20?

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 7
So your looking for an adapter (DAC/amp?) that you would plug your headphones into and plug the adapter's USC-C jack, into the Samsung Galaxy S20?

Yes. That is what I am looking for. One that does not have compatibility issues (noise, volume) with Android/Samsung, one that is relatively neutral sounding, and one that is inexpensive (around $50 or less).

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Yes. That is what I am looking for. One that does not have compatibility issues (noise, volume) with Android/Samsung, one that is relatively neutral sounding, and one that is inexpensive (around $50 or less).
My suggestion is to go on to eBay and see what you can get (new or used) for your $50 budget.

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 7
My suggestion is to go on to eBay and see what you can get (new or used) for your $50 budget.

Yes, that is a good idea, but I would like to operate with more information than that. Looking to target one or a few that fit the other critera that I am looking for (neutral sound, no noise/volume issues with android).

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Yes, that is a good idea, but I would like to operate with more information than that. Looking to target one or a few that fit the other critera that I am looking for (neutral sound, no noise/volume issues with android).
Checked eBay, the iBasso DC02 is about the only used USB-C DAC/amp, that sells with in your budget.
Best I can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back