inexpencive OEM drivers
Jun 4, 2007 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

no1likesme

1000+ Head-Fier
I am planing on building my own headphone in the next few weeks and I am looking to find 6 drivers similar to the ksc75's. I have all the materials for construction (oak, memory foam, leather, wire)
The problem is that I am currently poor as hell and cannot afford $75 to buy 3 pairs of ksc75's.

So if anyone knows where to find inexpensive drivers let me know.

Thanks.

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 11
Post a WTB for used KSC75s maybe? I think that you'll have trouble finding suitable drivers that sound as good for less money. Ill assume from the 6 drivers you need you want to make a surround sound headphone like the Zalman theatre. Good luck with that.

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Post a WTB for used KSC75s maybe? I think that you'll have trouble finding suitable drivers that sound as good for less money. Ill assume from the 6 drivers you need you want to make a surround sound headphone like the Zalman theatre. Good luck with that.

... or he could be afraid of messing up.
tongue.gif

Either way, good luck with the build, I always enjoy it when someone builds their own electronics, especially headphones.

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wouldn't postage negate the effect of buying used? I'm posting this with a questionmark because I have no idea of how much used KSC75's go for.

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks for the suggestions. I will post a wtb thread and see what happens.

Oh and I am not planning a surround sound headphone, I have no use for surroundsound. I am trying to see if three angled drivers slightly farther away from the ears will produce a "fuller" sound with wider soundstage and better imaging.

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks again.

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am planing on building my own headphone in the next few weeks and I am looking to find 6 drivers similar to the ksc75's. I have all the materials for construction (oak, memory foam, leather, wire)
The problem is that I am currently poor as hell and cannot afford $75 to buy 3 pairs of ksc75's.

So if anyone knows where to find inexpensive drivers let me know.

Thanks.

www.topsaleshop.com - 3x KSC75's: $25.29 + $10 S&H = $35.29 Total CONUS

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Have you ever bought anything from that site? Those prices seem to good to be true.

considering the fact that they sell ksc 24's for 17 dollars, probably not.

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Oh and I am not planning a surround sound headphone, I have no use for surroundsound. I am trying to see if three angled drivers slightly farther away from the ears will produce a "fuller" sound with wider soundstage and better imaging.

Very interesting idea. Be sure to keep us posted on your research.

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #11 of 11
sounds like a grado speaker idea but with koss drivers

I wonder if 6 ksc75 drivers for one speaker and 6 for a second (total of 12 drivers) would make a decent rig for the computer? and maybe one sub...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back