Individual tracks that are an experience to listen to on headphones
Aug 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #31 of 84

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/511850/awesome-binaural-albums

I thought it was going to be hard to get my hands on these binaural recordings, but after reading your thread I realized I already own one. I have the original Pearl Jam - Binaural CD.

I listened to the songs that were marked as being recorded with binaural techniques and I added the one I enjoyed the most to the list.

Let's hope I can find some digital version of the other albums. Maybe the Can album.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #32 of 84
Aug 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #33 of 84
Its not an individual song, but almost anything by Grandaddy. Besides being tragically underrated, the guy who makes it all is a massive headphone fan himself, so its all pretty headphone delicious.

Jam the sophtware slump in and have a good time.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #35 of 84
Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

It's the track I put on to blow the minds of the uninitiated.  The squeak of the kick drum pedal.  The clack of the organ keys.  The air in the room.  Gives me chills, and has dropped a few jaws.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Take A Pebble
Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive (Stereo version with the hard channel pans at the end)
Om - At Giza
Hawkwind - Brainstorm
Jesu - Friends Are Evil

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #38 of 84

Quote:
Death Cab for Cutie - You Are a Tourist
Nujabes - Aruarian Dance

+1 for Aruarian Dance. I love this track. It always bring the image of a cold winter morning (illustrated by the reverb of the percussions), where you're just waiting for the warmth of the heater (the warm melody and thickness of sound of the strings) in your car to break the frigid cold, big mittens and scarves hands and face, the sun unexpectedly shining. But then again, I did listen to the Departure album for Samurai Champloo during winter of 2005 quite prominently, and whenever I listen to the album now, I always think of that time. But as to not detract from the topic at hand, I'll make a couple suggestions:

1. "Old Souls" from Inception by Hans Zimmer: A lot of people immediately think of "Time" when talking about this soundtrack, but "Old Souls" can put in a right dream state.
  2. "Agent Yellow" from The Host soundtrack by Byeong-Woo Lee: You can feel the strings through the track. I love the sound mix, quite different from how Western soundtracks sound, I think. The administration of Agent Yellow at the very end is also awesome for the bassheads!
  3. "57821" by Janelle MonáeJanelle : Think Simon and Garfunkel for androids (lyrically, anyway).

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #39 of 84

Quote:
Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

It's the track I put on to blow the minds of the uninitiated.  The squeak of the kick drum pedal.  The clack of the organ keys.  The air in the room.  Gives me chills, and has dropped a few jaws.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Take A Pebble
Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive (Stereo version with the hard channel pans at the end)
Om - At Giza
Hawkwind - Brainstorm
Jesu - Friends Are Evil

All great choices. I'm a psych rock fan myself.

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #40 of 84
Uncompressed --> foobar2000 --> m903 vis USB --> Denon AH-D2000

Not Falling Apart by Maroon 5

Uncompressed --> foobar2000 --> m903 vis USB --> Brainwavz M2 ( IEM's )

Feel It Turn by Great Big Sea
( to really feel the music turn it up 5% more than usual )

Uncompressed --> foobar2000 --> m903 vis USB --> LCD-2 Rev 1

I Will Never Be Untrue by The Doors ( Essential Rarities )

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #41 of 84
On the T1s..

Cheers Darlin' - Damien Rice (O)
Erotomania - Dream Theater (Awake)
A Fair Judgement - Opeth (Deliverance)
Time - Hans Zimmer (Inception)
The Girl In The Other Room - Diana Krall (The Girl In The Other Room)

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #42 of 84
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting from the MFSL gold cd.  The way the piano pans from right to left is great.  I'm not sure what it is, but the first time I heard the 2:45 minute mark I about filled my pants.

The Clash - The Guns of Brixton

Massive Attack - Teardrop

Pink Floyd - Welcome to the  Machine from the Mastersound Gold CD

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #43 of 84

Quote:
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting from the MFSL gold cd.  The way the piano pans from right to left is great.  I'm not sure what it is, but the first time I heard the 2:45 minute mark I about filled my pants.

One of the better MFSL CD's for sure. That album is a flat transfer from the master tape with no compression. It's missing a bit of life but not much. Definitely the best version of that album that's currently available.

Aug 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #45 of 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back