indigo io ... static
Aug 25, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #16 of 19
Did MaloS sell his Indigo IO? It's possible I ended up with it if he auctioned it on eBay.

88.2kHz clicks through playback with ASIO. But Foobar2k 0.9.3.1 /w SRC Kernal Streaming has better results with 88.2kHz.

Maybe the slight dent on the card might have to do with it.

It is possible to play DVD-Audio with Indigo cards, right?

Aug 25, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm still confused about exactly what the problem is:
  1. Is it using it 24/96?
  2. Is it using it with ASIO?
  3. Is it using it with the amp?
I think it's premature to say it's the card unless you know exactly what makes the problem show up.

I know that mine works fine with MediaMonkey running the MAD 24/96 plugin. Do you know if yours has any problem doing that?

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #18 of 19
By enabling ASIO output(plug-ins) at high frequencies such as 88.2kHz and 96kHz through resampling causes pops and clicks(artifacts maybe?) through music playback.
  1. Quintessential player
  2. Mediamonkey
  3. Winamp
  4. Foobar2000
With those players I've experienced similar results.

Mediamonkey still suffers from the same problem even with MAD 24/96. Found that the plug-in located on their website was slightly cleaner. Altering priority, increasing ASIO buffer size and using different plug-ins made modest change.

It's perfectly capable through ASIO and Kernal Streaming(Foobar2000)at 44.1kHz including 24bit word length. Wonderful card but I'm primarily using for leisure anways. There isn't much need for ASIO right now.

Echo Indigo received an update for drivers a few days ago. Check it out. Version 6.14 08/23/2006

Aug 26, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 19
Have you increased the hardware buffer with the AIOcaps utility as I described earler in the thread?

Unless you do that you will have clicks and pops at higher frequencies.

Cheers

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back