indigo dj and asio- installation help needed
Jul 16, 2006 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

astranovus

100+ Head-Fier
i've searched the forums and not found anything decent, all the asio download links are outdated

am i right in assuming that asio will bypass windows internal mixer?

how do i get asio to work with winamp 5.0,

i looked at foobar but it crashes on me all the time

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, don't know about winamp. With foobar 0.9+ you have to install the foo_out_asio optional component to the components/ folder of your foobar installation, and have to setup a virtual ASIO device mapped to your Echo card before being able to use it.

You should be able to setup virtual ASIO devices in "Preferences->Playback->Output->ASIO Virtual Devices". When adding new device, default mapping will go to virtual channels 1/2 of your Echo drivers but this may conflicts with default Directsound channels, I'd rather map to virtual channels 3/4 instead. You should then be able to set your ASIO device as Output Device in Preferences->Playback->Output.

No additional settings should be required, unlike foobar 0.8.x format conversion should be handled automatically by the component .

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 7
thx, i've got asio running under winamp5

i really don't like foobar, it crashes a lot and has the major bug, that you can really fast forward mp3s,

crap for me as i listen to long dj sets

Jul 18, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 7
To me Winamp is very unstable while foobar very rarely crashes. I used to use ASIO but now i'm using kernel steaming which works very well too.

I don't know what you mean by fast forward bug.

Jul 18, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slogra
To me Winamp is very unstable while foobar very rarely crashes.

I don't know what you mean by fast forward bug.

crashes depend on pc config,

fast forward bug: load a 100mb mp3 in foobar and try skipping to 30min plus straightaway, it'll take foobar ages to do that, whilst winamp does it immediately

what's the differene between asio and kernel streaming?
i thought they both bypass the windows kernel mixer and thus are equivalent soundwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back