Indian Songs
Aug 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 16
I don't know too much Indian music, but I used to go a little Indian record shop and pick up Bally Sagoo cassette tapes. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 16

The Bombay Royale - You Me Bullets Love (2012)

This is the debut album by The Bombay Royale. I've never heard anything quite like it. Apparently, it was made by some Australian musicians who are fascinated with old Bollywood movies. The album was made as if it's the soundtrack to a movie, however, the movie doesn't exist. What it sounds like is themes from a bunch of old James Bond movies, if those movies were made in India. Almost all of the vocals are in Hindi or Bengali, as far as I know. It has plenty of horns, synths, and electric guitars and an infectious groove. If you want to hear something truly different, check it out.

Do not give me credit of this write up, I copied from other thread

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #12 of 16
If you have any interest in Indian-influenced jazz, checkout Rudresh Mahanthappa's "Samdhi" - it's unique, incredible, and something worth multiple listens. Give a listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SvjSPY25AE

311sKKkCV5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #13 of 16
Namaste is a collaborative album crafted by Rahul Sharma a native of Indias Kashmir region and a third-generation master of the exotic, 100-string santoor and saxophonist Kenny G, a multiple Grammy-winning titan on the contemporary jazz landscape for more than two decades. This unusual and daring project captures the best of these two musicians with a chill ambiance set up by mixer/producer extraordinaire Kid Tricky

This (last) I like most

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #14 of 16
Karunesh - Solitude!

A masterpiece from the Album "Global Spirit". Listen & Enjoy it.

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #15 of 16
I felt as though Karunesh was telling a story through the music--a story of the Mystic and the inner/outer journey that one must take in the process of enlightenment.

He is German-born composer/multi-instrumentalist by accident

Users who are viewing this thread

Back