Independent repair techs for IEMs?
May 8, 2024 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DanPerezSax

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know who repairs IEMs? One of the drivers in my custom JH Audio Angies has stopped working, and cleaning with their vacuum thing doesn't fix the issue. Unfortunately, JH no longer repairs IEMs made more than 5 years ago, since they've changed over to 3D printed shells and no longer maintain the tooling required to fix old IEMs. They offered a 20% discount on a replacement, but it looks like the prices on the whole have gone up more than that since the last time I was in the market. These are awesome IEMs and I'd rather just have them working than try to replace them.

May 8, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Even with third party repair, you will have to reshell that one piece which could be easily $500+, granted they're able to source the BAs used by JH.
I would just cut the losses and go for something newer from a brand with better support.

May 8, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Even with third party repair, you will have to reshell that one piece which could be easily $500+, granted they're able to source the BAs used by JH.
I would just cut the losses and go for something newer from a brand with better support.
Yeah I'm thinking that might be the way to go. Damn shame cuz these were phenomenal. OTOH Astell and Kern is selling off old stock for $500 so maybe I'll grab that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back