Indeed
Nov 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Roberval

New Head-Fier
I decided to make a decent case for my first tube amp. - one from Indeed (6N11). I did some modifications (changed the Jfets - for one OPA 2134), but everything else remains the same.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, Indeed makes various kinds tube amps. and they are sold on e-bay.

Mine (using 6n11 Chinese tube) was like this :

And I am very sorry for opening a thread - I was meant to post in "post pictures of your builds" thread, but I used the wrong button.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 5
And I am very sorry for opening a thread - I was meant to post in "post pictures of your builds" thread, but I used the wrong button. 

I for one am happy you made the "error". Your thread title caught my attention and i like what you did to that little amp.
Your thread title caught my attention, and as you modified it i think it has a right to its own thread. I am curious about this little amp, and how you modified it and the results you obtained from the modification.

Nice work.

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 5
Thank you very much. The modifications were few and, in terms of sound changing the Jfets for an OPA 2134, nothing really noticeable changed. But the amount of heat was greatly reduced - the previous case I´ve made used to get so, but so hot that one capacitor on the PSU leaked badly (although I am not completely sure that the heat was the cause).

And apart few resistors changed in the original project, I added two PIO caps for decoupling - the original circuit had no decoupling caps.

Also I´ve changed the PSU from 24 to 12 volts, and no more volume control (unnecessary in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back