Increase resistance externally?
Apr 3, 2018 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

enjoyingmylife

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I listen through a Presonus Firebox connected to my laptop via FireWire. I'm very happy with the sound at high volume, but I prefer to listen at a much lower level and at those levels I lose sound on the right side. This happens with both my Beyer 990s and my earbuds, so I'm pretty sure it's internal to the Firebox. Each notch of volume I go down, the farther the balance is skewed away from the right side. So from very low volume, each interval higher I go, the closer to middle balance the sound goes, but only reaches parity at an uncomfortable volume.

I'm wondering if this can be resolved by adding some resistance at the headphone connection, so that I can turn the Firebox volume knob up to a level that would normally be too loud but well balanced, but have it muted somewhat. Am I understanding resistance correctly? Do you know of a cost-effective way to accomplish this without soldering? Thank you in advance!

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, I'm good now! I have a macbook and the OS/keyboard controls do nothing, and the Firebox software is no longer supported, but I installed an old version and the software mixer still works so I'm gellin. Thx again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back