Inception Soundtrack: 12 Time
Feb 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #61 of 79
I am pretty sure I am the only one on this thread with the vinyl. Bummer for everyone else because it went up to $45, but don't get discouraged as it might come back down.

I do not have the CD, so I can't actually objectively say that it is less compresses than the CD. However, the vinyl just has such a huge dynamic range it is crazy. On my speakers or headphones about 1/3 up the volume, it will go from below conversational level almost at a whisper to a a roaring crescendo, shaking the house if I am running the speakers and subs. Vinyl is usually mastered better than CD anyway, so my guess is that the vinyl is uncompressed. There are only one thousand. A shame that they didn't make more for us music lovers.

Mar 1, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #62 of 79
Elusive Disc also has the vinyl version.  $21.99.  Don't know how much the shipping is. 
http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WEALP49649
GeorgeGoodman, is that the one you got? 

EDIT:  I just ordered it.  Regular media mail is about $5 shipping; Priority Mail is about $10.  I went with Priority Mail and the total came up to about $32. 
I also have the CD version, so I'll compare it and let you guys know what the differences are. 

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #64 of 79
I got it from Amazon. Doesn't the Elusivedisc link say out of stock? Anyway, it is good if you can get it for $22 there. There were only 1000 made, so anyone who wants it better get it.

I would definitely like it if you could compare the vinyl to the CD. I really feel like the vinyl was mastered from a really good source, probably the master that was not compressed any. It has some amazing low bass.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #65 of 79
Too late.  It was available when I placed the order on Elusive Disc, but this morning it says "Out of Stock."  My order status also says "back ordered."  Looks like I'll have to keep searching.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #66 of 79

Quote:
Too late.  It was available when I placed the order on Elusive Disc, but this morning it says "Out of Stock."  My order status also says "back ordered."  Looks like I'll have to keep searching.

Bummer.

May I torment you with further descriptions of the sound? The vinyl has really good bass. It sounds like a theater in my basement. On the second song, it goes low and then lower. While the bass is still extremely low, the other orchestrations start again. The soundtrack is simply amazing, and even more so with the vinyl experience. There is great overall clarity and naturalness.

Really don't give up hope. I have said it before and I will say it again. The suppliers may get it in stock again and Amazon might go down to $22 again. The same thing happened to me a month ago, and I was bummed. But it went down again, and I got it.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #67 of 79

Quote:
Bummer.

May I torment you with further descriptions of the sound? The vinyl has really good bass. It sounds like a theater in my basement. On the second song, it goes low and then lower. While the bass is still extremely low, the other orchestrations start again. The soundtrack is simply amazing, and even more so with the vinyl experience. There is great overall clarity and naturalness.

Really don't give up hope. I have said it before and I will say it again. The suppliers may get it in stock again and Amazon might go down to $22 again. The same thing happened to me a month ago, and I was bummed. But it went down again, and I got it.

That sounds pretty amazing.  I hope the record company will decide to release more copies on vinyl.  I'm not picky, I'll take a regular black vinyl version. 

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #68 of 79

Quote:

That sounds pretty amazing.  I hope the record company will decide to release more copies on vinyl.  I'm not picky, I'll take a regular black vinyl version. 

As long as it sounds the same, I might pick up another copy just in case. The clear vinyl is cool and does remind me of the movie, but it is not essential. 

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #70 of 79
I am selling the record now on Ebay, if anyone wants to pick it up. Remember, It has such a huge dynamic range I am sure it is the original master and not the compressed CD version. Great bass as well.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #71 of 79
Film Music of Hans Zimmer Volume 2 has the track Time but it's not as intense nor passionate as the original.  I wish the album had more variety, otherwise it's a good album to sample some of Hans' work.  

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #72 of 79

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #74 of 79
i agree. great motivational soundtrack for some endless fapping sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back