In Your Opinion: The most comfortable set ever?
Dec 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #46 of 79
1. Anything A-T
2. Anything Beyer
3. HD-800

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #48 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATHes7 are pretty awful in terms of comfort >.>

Right, what I meant was anything in their full-sized line.

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #49 of 79
Most comfy are the custom Fostex T50rp phones I'm wearing. They're heavy but still the most comfy cans I've ever had or come across, bar maybe the Senn 800. I can and do wear these regularly for 10 hours a day. in the office, at home and on the go.

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #50 of 79
The AKG K601s without a doubt.

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #51 of 79
AD700's. Of course my only point of reference is cheap walmart and radioshack phones, but the 700's are extremely comfortable. I could sleep with them on.

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanlazlo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there are CLOSED headphones that does not make your ears feel hot at all (i.e. feels like you're not wearing anything)?

Yes, the BeyerDynamic DT770 2005 consumer edition for instance. They have medium clamping, and velour earpads.
With the Denon AH-D2000 my ears didn't feel hot as well, but their isolation is so poor that you can't consider them closed.
With normal ears, the Kenwood KH-K1000 aren't too bad regarding sweat inducing.
Ultrasone Pro900 have velour earpads, so no sweat, but they clamp a lot.
GermanMaestro GMP250 have pleather earpads, but because of the light clamping force, they are still comfortable when you have small to normal ears. Plus you can put Beyer velour earpads on them for more comfort and better sound.

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #55 of 79
HD555...
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon D2000 and D5000 are supremely comfortable. Very little clamping force.

I think they're a bit weighty though.

I'll put in another vote for the AD700s, I just wish the sound signature was more up my alley.

Also, my 125is with the J$ headband and comfy earpads are really nice and light.

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #57 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the BeyerDynamic DT770 2005 consumer edition for instance. They have medium clamping, and velour earpads.
With the Denon AH-D2000 my ears didn't feel hot as well, but their isolation is so poor that you can't consider them closed.
With normal ears, the Kenwood KH-K1000 aren't too bad regarding sweat inducing.
Ultrasone Pro900 have velour earpads, so no sweat, but they clamp a lot.
GermanMaestro GMP250 have pleather earpads, but because of the light clamping force, they are still comfortable when you have small to normal ears. Plus you can put Beyer velour earpads on them for more comfort and better sound.

Will the beyer earpads fit all German Maestro HPs? I have big problem with comfort, in fact I want the headphones to feel like I'm wearing earbuds (those shaped like apple's and the stock buds of the sansa clip). I've tried Senn HD-25 (even with the velour pads) and they're a big no no; I tried the German Maestro 8.35 GMP, they were okay but still gets hot, it still feels like I'm being relieved of something when I take them off. I think SQ gets relegated to 3rd priority, comfort and isolation is a must...and better if they can run straight out of the clip when I'm on the run. I would like to hear more suggestions...

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #58 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanlazlo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the beyer earpads fit all German Maestro HPs? I have big problem with comfort, in fact I want the headphones to feel like I'm wearing earbuds (those shaped like apple's and the stock buds of the sansa clip). I've tried Senn HD-25 (even with the velour pads) and they're a big no no; I tried the German Maestro 8.35 GMP, they were okay but still gets hot, it still feels like I'm being relieved of something when I take them off. I think SQ gets relegated to 3rd priority, comfort and isolation is a must...and better if they can run straight out of the clip when I'm on the run. I would like to hear more suggestions...

I suppose the Beyer velour earpads will fit the GMP 8.35, but I'm not sure because I never had them.
On the GMP250 I had to stretch them a little, but they fit. Also on my MB Quart QP90X. So I guess their cups are more or less the same.
Maybe you can ask German Maestro if the dimensions of GMP250 and 8.35 cups are the same.
But still there will be the clamping force related to closed headphones.
Closed cans with lesser pressure like the D2000 and the GMP250 also isolates less.
The second most comfortable closed headphone I tried was the DT770 consumer edition. Velour earpads, medium clamping and still good isolation. They need an amp though.
The most comfortable closed headphone for me was the Sony MDR-CD1700. But they are out of production, and their isolation is poor.

Maybe you good look at some closed Audio Technica's (the more expensive ones)?

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #59 of 79
any non-closed headphone! sweaty ears = worst thing evarrrr
frown.gif

(i use 1 sheet over toilet paper inbetweeen my ear and the closed headphone, it helps quite a bit but, uhm, rustles a lot)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back