In the mood for bass
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi
As the title says I'm after some hard hitting bass. Preferably reasonably cheap, portable and I don't mind changing ear pads etc for comfort. I'll be using these at work for all my hip hop or bass music.
Any suggestions?

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 10
Hi @gazzington,

Please define your budget, one person's cheap is another's expensive...

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 10
Under £300 and second hand us fine as long as it's in good condition

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks. I'll check those out.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 10
• Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm - legendary status for overall sound and hard hitting bass.
• Creative Auvana Live - quite bassy, bass digs deep. Overall a 'lush' sound. Also extremely comfortable if your ears aren't too big, but cheap cable breaks when not pampered.
• JVC HA-SR85S Ésnsy - very bass heavy, slightly mushy sound, but lots of 'slam' - also adding a tiny pinch of cotton wool inside the cups hugely improves sound and bass quality that punches well above it's price - quite high clamp pressure though.

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Is there anything wireless for the basshead?

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 10
V-Moda is a good bass headphone .

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi @gazzington,

For what you're looking for, I would suggest Sony 1AM2, has the kind of bass response you need.

Hope you have a great day !
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. I just picked up a pair and I adore them. So much fun, man. I also use them for work and I use them for 8 hours straight. Never fatiguing and always comfortable. Can get a tad hot but that's the only minor complaint I have. But hell name a leather type pad that doesn't make you sweat. I would absolutely call this a bassheads headphone and I love them to pieces. They make me want the Sony MDR-Z7M2 so bad. Plus at 16ohms they are super easy to drive. They're so easy to drive you don't even need a source for them. Just put them on your head and think about your fav song and voila: music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back