in the market for new headphones
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brkngbad94

New Head-Fier
First of all I'm not an audiophile. I listen to all kind of music and I just want your opinion. Im thinking about getting the vmoda lp2 (over the beats mixr wich I previously wanted). Ok so should I get the lp2 (I listen to all kind of music) since they are made for "dj-ing" ?

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 5
in that price range, particularly considering use for DJ'ing, I would consider the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, they are very well rated, in fact I think they are the top selling headphones on Amazon.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 5
I checked them out, they seem pretty good. Thanks. But anyways I am not a dj I just want a pair of headphones that will not sound like crap when I listen to music other than electronic. Given the fact that I am not an audiophile (so I wont notice the small details and stuff I see people writing about) will the lp2 be a good fit for just a regular guy who wants to listen to all kind of music and own a pair of good looking headphones (also taking in account reasonable sound quality) ?

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 5
I would definately get the LP2 over the Mixr headphones. They are both stylish and very portable. I know the Beats Mixr has excellent isolation due to it's high clamping force which is good and bad because you don't want headphones that will end up hurting your head. I'm not sure about the V-moda on isolation and comfort but V-moda headphones are built like tanks. The Mixr's are a mainly plastic build and the pair I had, the headband snapped in half from putting it on my head.

I also have the ATH-M50 and those isolate pretty well, have a pretty solid build, and the cord is long. They are not as portable as they are more intended for studio use. I think all 3 of those headphones have emphasized bass and are tuned for more of a fun sound with the ATH-M50 being the most neutral of them all (though still bassy).

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 5
I would definately get the LP2 over the Mixr headphones. They are both stylish and very portable. I know the Beats Mixr has excellent isolation due to it's high clamping force which is good and bad because you don't want headphones that will end up hurting your head. I'm not sure about the V-moda on isolation and comfort but V-moda headphones are built like tanks. The Mixr's are a mainly plastic build and the pair I had, the headband snapped in half from putting it on my head.

I also have the ATH-M50 and those isolate pretty well, have a pretty solid build, and the cord is long. They are not as portable as they are more intended for studio use. I think all 3 of those headphones have emphasized bass and are tuned for more of a fun sound with the ATH-M50 being the most neutral of them all (though still bassy).

Thanks man. I was going for the beats just because they are flashy and well beats, and even though im not an audiophile I want good headphones. I think im going for the lp2 (like you said they are built like tanks). They also look really nice and have pretty good reviews.but ill look into the ath-50 they seem pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back