In the market for a new DAC, need advice
Jun 7, 2009 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

32y0

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in the market for a new DAC since my old DAC died and I need some advice.

I have done some research, but I can't decide between: Musical Fidelity V-DAC, Cambridge Audio DACmagic and Little Dot DAC_I.

The sources will be; my computer with an EMU 0404 sound card and a crappy sony cd-player.
My amp is a DIY OTL-tube amp and my headphones at the moment are AKG K401 and Sextett MP.

Hopefully you can help me with my choice (other recommendations are welcome also).

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #2 of 7
Wish someone would do a good comparison with the new dacs eg Compass, Little Dot Dac, Pico Upsampling. So frustrated at only FOTM oh man its AWESOME! And no real indepth reviews unless the items are portable.

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 7
Is there any shops that stock those DAC near you? It is best you listen for yourself, best to try it out for yourself. Chances of seeing Cambridge or MF products in shop should be reasonably high.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 7
The DACmagic is fairly common in the Netherlands. Amongst others, RAF is CA dealer so you should be able to audition one there. I wont doubt that you'll find another store that has one for you to listen to.
Haven't seen the Vdac around yet though, could be because i haven't searched for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Musical Fidelity
Netherlands Distributors

Viertron bv
Zuideinde 2
2991 LK Barendrecht
Netherlands
Tel: 00 311 8061 8355
Fax: 00 311 8061 9967
URL: www.viertron.nl

Could give them call to see where you can demo their DAC. And you now know where to find DACmagic (courtesy of Stitch) so at least you can listen for yourself 2 of the 3 DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back