In the market for a ~60 player
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sephael

Head-Fier
Hi guys, it's me again! :>

After deciding on headphones (RE0) and getting a free portable amp from my buddy (FiiO E5) i decided to also get a better music player than my PSP.

I've been offered a new sansa clip+ 8gb for around 60$, ... and decided to take a look at other recommendations. What do you think guys?

Dec 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 7
x2 on the Clip+ (assuming music playback is the priority).

My Clip v1 + FiiO E5 has always been a good combo, so I suspect the Clip+ would work just as well.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 7
x3 on the Clip+, was about to get one myself (a 4GB model) but landed a 4GB blue Fuze last night brand new in the box off Craig's List for $35 so I snagged it. Fantastic SQ, exactly what I was expecting (into my KSC-75s) considering the sheer number of people that own one around here, and the Clip+ also.

No intentions of using it for videos, the FM radio is a plus, voice recording is a plus also, and the microSD slot just makes it that much better - all the things that the Clip+ handles already as well.

Definitely grab that 8GB Clip+ quick...

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 7
So I heard that there is a possibility of "Rockboxing" the clip.. but is it Clip & Clip+ or just Clip?

Is it risky?

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 7
x3 on the Clip+ as well. Like you, I'm migrating from the PSP as well. As for "RockBoxing" the Clip, it is only for the v1 Clips that don't contain the newer AMS chipset that the Clip+, Clip v2 and Fuze v2 has.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 7
I bought it anyway. If anything I can always resell it for the same price or even ask for more :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back