In the gym - what do you use?
Apr 23, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #31 of 46
I was using my Atrios M5s until the right channel died today.
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #32 of 46
Tried marshmallows with clip. microphonic is just unbearable for me. Tried putting it from the back of neck but its uncomfy... Anyone here recommend somekind of iem/earbud that have great isolation with little to no microphonic?? under $80 will be great.. Thinking about those sennheiser sport line up

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #33 of 46
NE-7, don't fall out with the stock tips, but with cheap ebay silicon tips they don't seal well after I start sweating.

Just got the ADDIEMs and will probably try those also.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #34 of 46
Shure SE530 with my iPhone 3G using the C&C XO portable amp. I place them all in the treadmill's cup holder. And when I walk around the gym, I place them in my pocket. I have to have quality sound everywhere I go. Especially the gym.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #35 of 46
For years I used Etys, first the 6 and then the 4s. Lately, I've been using my q-Jays. Otherwise a Clip with a T4 amp. While the whole kit could fit in my pocket, I still like to use a Headroom micro bag clipped to my waist. I'm worried about what the heat and sweat will do to the setup in my pocket and I'm used to the bag after over five years of use.

The Y where I work out is noisy. Using earbuds or clip-ons is dangerous to your hearing as you need to increase the volume to overcome the ambient noise. With the Ety or q-jays and some Comply tips, most of the ambient noise is blocked allowing more normal listening levels and better quality sound.

And yes, it does sometimes seem as if I work out to listen to music rather than vice versa.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #36 of 46
I've been using my Shure e2's at the gym and the microphonics haven't been so bad, I have a throwaround pair of FS1's I got on sale and I use those from time to time, however I have to use the silicone tips instead of the shure olives so the tips don't get too messed up if they get wet.

Apr 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried marshmallows with clip. microphonic is just unbearable for me. Tried putting it from the back of neck but its uncomfy... Anyone here recommend somekind of iem/earbud that have great isolation with little to no microphonic?? under $80 will be great.. Thinking about those sennheiser sport line up

Are you using the 33 or the 34? I have both, and to me the 34 has less microphonics. Also, a lot of people seem to prefer the cord on the 33, but the cord on the 33 is much more bouncy than on the 34. For the gym, the 34 is better.
One tip I read is to run the cord under your shirt. That seems to really help reduce cord noise.

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalmathmtcs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was using my Atrios M5s until the right channel died today.
frown.gif

Oh man! What a drag! Is Future Sonics going to warranty them for you? They're great to deal with and you should expect no less... How long have you had them?

Apr 26, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once more, use vaseline with any earphones and they'll never fall out of you ears.

That sounds like it would do the exact opposite. I've never heard that idea before.

Apr 26, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #43 of 46
J2 Buds.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #44 of 46
i hardly go to gym but when i go i use IE7..

Apr 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #45 of 46
Sony NWZ-A829 (w/ Bluetooth) and Dell BH200 Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Headset.
Any bluetooth v1.- is **** compared to v2.0. Most cell phones have bluetooth v2.0 built into them, so you wouldn't even need the separate mp3 player
For the gym, once you go wireless, you'll never go back!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back