In the Beginning........
post-171684
Post #1 of 6

williamgoody

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious on how everyone got their start on the never ending search for "the perfect sound". Did you hear a certain song on someone else's system? Get ecommendations from friends? What exactly got everyone started on this hobbie?

For me, I got interested by reading these boards.

post-171744
Post #2 of 6

squirt

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hmm i don't remember any one thing that got me started on this audio quest since i've always loved music but there were some notable events that strongly contributed were when i got my first Crutchfield catalog, then this small company calling itself Headroom made its debut making these strange portable headphone amps and i got my first of three Headroom amps...but by far the most influential place i came to know which really put me in the fast lane to high end audio was HeadWize followed shortly after by Head-Fi and Audio Asylum...i still haven't seen the end of the road yet...

post-171836
Post #3 of 6

Ari

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Just curious on how everyone got their start on the never ending search for "the perfect sound". Did you hear a certain song on someone else's system? Get ecommendations from friends? What exactly got everyone started on this hobbie?

For me, I got interested by reading these boards.

Hey williamgoody!!

That's a interesting question !!

Well, in 1970 +- I made a hearing test. I was amazed because I could hear 18.000 Hz !. The doctor got amazed to. He tested switching on and off and I was saying On, Off, On and so on...

So I realized why I like music so much. Because God gave me this "malfunction"...And I can hear all the details of a song.

Since than I'm searching for the "good sound"...

A month ago, I was seeking for a noise canceling headphone and found you guys here. And finally I found the sound on music that I always looked for...

That's why I was so happy when I got my first amp microZOTL... Hope you understand my English…

Best from

Ari

post-171872
Post #4 of 6

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Reaction score
Hmm, I remember posting a thread like this a few months ago. . . let's see if I can dig it up. . .

anyway, for me, it was anandtech. I'm a frequenter of their hot deals forum, and I had a gift certificate. There was a post for Sennheiser MX500 earbuds for $12 or 13 at amazon in march or april of last year, but they were out. There was also a link to headroom.
Well, I bought those mx500s from sennheiser, and well, after that. . .

post-171946
Post #5 of 6

dougli

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
For several years I didn't listen to any music. It was all starting to sound repetitive, the same. Then something changed, and I began to listen to some of my old favorites. Next I remembered how good songs use to sound through my Koss Pro 4As, but they were broken. So, in a fateful moment, I entered the word "headphones" into my search engine. Wow, had things ever changed in the world of headphones. Next thing I knew, I was clicking on a Buy button. But those phones weren't quite what I was looking for, so, I thought, maybe these others will be just the ticket. Another purchase, followed by another, then...

Maybe I should have just fixed those Pro 4A's.

No way!

post-171951
Post #6 of 6

TaffyGuy

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
when i think hard about it, it's really hard to locate... i suppose i was always interested in good sound, but i never put it together 'till about 6 years ago -or has it been more now!- when my parents were upgrading our home theater/stereo and ended up going all out... and i guess for a couple years up 'till then i started really getting into my own music and i hijacked my dad's sony v6's...

i guess as time went by i slowly started to put everything together... higher quality music->higher quality sound...

i'm still figureing it all out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)