In Stock Now: Noble Audio FALCON PRO
Aug 2, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #106 of 121
Woah! This is pretty dang nice:

PXL_20210802_034555994.jpg

One of the folks in the TWS thread mentioned that they were getting XELASTEC tips for their Falcon Pro and it got me to thinking...would it work?

I understood the principle behind why this TPE material is supposed to be unique and had previous experience with the Crystal, but thought maybe the XELASTEC were just over-hyped. Determined to find out for myself, I ordered a pack of the Medium-Small tips (I'm normally a Medium, but knew these stuck out a little more in terms of diameter than the stock tips) via Amazon a couple days ago and just got them in today.

Man, I couldn't be happier. If it was possible to find a more secure fit than I had with the stock tips, this is it. I may consider going down an additional half size to see if it'll still work with a deep insertion, but the seal I get with these is insane. That improvement in seal seems to completely change the character of everything from the midbass down. With these tips, bass is ridiculously tight and punchy. There's genuine impact behind kicks, tom hits, snares, etc. Man, do I love that. Really shines on some prog.

Vocals are still kept a little further back in the mix than I prefer, but tonally, the Falcon Pro seem considerably more balanced than they did before. Granted, I may just need to revisit my fitment with the stock tips to see if it's a seal issue, but I really like this. Wholeheartedly recommend.

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #108 of 121
v4? On my ios app it's showing as v2.0 is the most recent.

Would others please let us know what FW version you have available.
Caught me by surprise as well. Keep in mind I didn't get a prompt to update. Had to manually select the process, but it was a direct jump from 2.0 to 4.0.

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #109 of 121
Looking at https://nobleaudio.jp/news/falconnoble-sound-suite-211-falcon2v4-falcon-prov4/ it appears that Sound Suite app v2.1.1 is required to update to v4.0, yet only the Android app has been updated to v2.1.1, the ios app is still at v2.1

Unfortunately for me, my Android DAP (with Sound Suite app v2.1.1) does not recognize "location" as having permission even though I've set it to have permission(s)...

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #110 of 121
Looking at https://nobleaudio.jp/news/falconnoble-sound-suite-211-falcon2v4-falcon-prov4/ it appears that Sound Suite app v2.1.1 is required to update to v4.0, yet only the Android app has been updated to v2.1.1, the ios app is still at v2.1

Unfortunately for me, my Android DAP (with Sound Suite app v2.1.1) does not recognize "location" as having permission even though I've set it to have permission(s)...
Have you verified what permissions are selected in the app settings via the Android System Settings menu? It's going to vary from device to device, but is most likely in:

Settings>Apps & Notifications>Noble Sound Suite>Permissions

The highest setting I can select is "only while app is in use," which seems to do the trick...most of the time. It's definitely a frustrating app from a stability standpoint.

Aug 6, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #112 of 121
Two questions: what firmware and app version are you on and what source are you using? Noble recently pushed a firmware update to v4. Might help.

To be honest, I love these things post-update. Takes care of a lot of the delays to re-connecting that were driving me nuts for sure, but yeah...not a hint of noise floor to my ears. Hope you can get it taken care of!
Sorry for late response. I've tried with every pieces of equipment. Phone, laptop, DAP.. And the hissing problem did not comes with the source since it present as soon as the earpiece turned on. I already updated to the v4. But the problem was still there. It might be a problem on the bluetooth chip itself and there is nothing we can do about it. Beside that, after firmware upgrade, the connection is better for sure and it might be a placebo effect. But it sounds less "harsh" than before.

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #113 of 121
Woah! This is pretty dang nice:

PXL_20210802_034555994.jpg

One of the folks in the TWS thread mentioned that they were getting XELASTEC tips for their Falcon Pro and it got me to thinking...would it work?

I understood the principle behind why this TPE material is supposed to be unique and had previous experience with the Crystal, but thought maybe the XELASTEC were just over-hyped. Determined to find out for myself, I ordered a pack of the Medium-Small tips (I'm normally a Medium, but knew these stuck out a little more in terms of diameter than the stock tips) via Amazon a couple days ago and just got them in today.

Man, I couldn't be happier. If it was possible to find a more secure fit than I had with the stock tips, this is it. I may consider going down an additional half size to see if it'll still work with a deep insertion, but the seal I get with these is insane. That improvement in seal seems to completely change the character of everything from the midbass down. With these tips, bass is ridiculously tight and punchy. There's genuine impact behind kicks, tom hits, snares, etc. Man, do I love that. Really shines on some prog.

Vocals are still kept a little further back in the mix than I prefer, but tonally, the Falcon Pro seem considerably more balanced than they did before. Granted, I may just need to revisit my fitment with the stock tips to see if it's a seal issue, but I really like this. Wholeheartedly recommend.
I've tried to put those eartips on and when i took it out, it is soo sticky that it took my right earpiece nozzle clean off. Have to explain really hard to the local reseller and they agree to RMA it. And the RMA noble falcon pro still has the hissing problem.. If they has clean background. It would be a fantastic TWS..

Aug 6, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #114 of 121
I've tried to put those eartips on and when i took it out, it is soo sticky that it took my right earpiece nozzle clean off. Have to explain really hard to the local reseller and they agree to RMA it. And the RMA noble falcon pro still has the hissing problem.. If they has clean background. It would be a fantastic TWS..
Sorry about your luck, bud. Wish I could figure out a fix for you.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #115 of 121
Sorry about your luck, bud. Wish I could figure out a fix for you.
Until this point. I already got on my hand 4 units of noble Falcon Pro. All of them have hissing problem. Some were worse than the other. 3 of them before got hiss on the left earpiece and the one that i own now got hiss at the right one. So it is definitely a design flaws and could not be fixed by software.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #116 of 121
Until this point. I already got on my hand 4 units of noble Falcon Pro. All of them have hissing problem. Some were worse than the other. 3 of them before got hiss on the left earpiece and the one that i own now got hiss at the right one. So it is definitely a design flaws and could not be fixed by software.
Pretty much. Its a design flaw on all units i have tested so far. Its only really a problem for folks who listen to acoustics, orchestral and ambient songs. With the loudness trend and most people's preferences trending towards that, the issue is easily masked and not easily noticed, and not that big a deal other than a knock off the noise floor that just gets chucked to the performance of the unit. The falcon pro is an absolute not recommended for people who will listen to piano pieces, acoustic pieces etc. The hissing noise ruin the songs played, where silence and softness in volume is greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to add, 3 months of usage, the nozzle on my left unit is wonky. It came a little loose and is rotating off the unit. The build quality is definitely concerning from this too.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #117 of 121
Pretty much. Its a design flaw on all units i have tested so far. Its only really a problem for folks who listen to acoustics, orchestral and ambient songs. With the loudness trend and most people's preferences trending towards that, the issue is easily masked and not easily noticed, and not that big a deal other than a knock off the noise floor that just gets chucked to the performance of the unit. The falcon pro is an absolute not recommended for people who will listen to piano pieces, acoustic pieces etc. The hissing noise ruin the songs played, where silence and softness in volume is greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to add, 3 months of usage, the nozzle on my left unit is wonky. It came a little loose and is rotating off the unit. The build quality is definitely concerning from this too.
If you still using it. I recommend getting RMA ASAP. Otherwise, sooner or later it will become like this:

Attachments

• 20210423_185928_HDR.jpg
    20210423_185928_HDR.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210423_190118.jpg
    20210423_190118.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #118 of 121
Updated Android and iOS apps available. The iOS app (as well as the Android), includes ability to update firmware to v4.0 (as did the previous Android version of the app).

It took several tries using the iOS app, but after enabling the "Hear-Thru" function, the update was successful.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #119 of 121
Hmmm what to say. I've had my pair for a few hours now and been messing around and listening to them non-stop. I have owned Bluetooth headphones before but never wireless iems. Been avoiding the Bluetooth because I just don't think the technology is there yet to satisfy my purist ways.

The particular thing that bothers me, is what people have touched on, the hissing (noise floor). I have admittedly not tried that many Bluetooth headphones, but I have never owned or listened to a pair that I do not hear the hissing.... including the Falcon pros. I think you definitely can notice it, especially once your realize it's there. I will admit, it is lower than other pairs of headphones I have had, but unlike those it might be low enough that I do not have to immediately return them.

Once again only a few hours in, but my initial impression is that I think I had too high of expectation. The high end sounds a bit tinny, and the tune in general nothing really stands out to me to appreciate in particular. Sounds thin and boring to me. I will say it is very dependent on the track/mastering, some stuff does sound decent. I would say I have high standards and do not have a good reference for expectation when it comes to Bluetooth iems, I usually stay clear because I know I'm going to be disappointed, but I thought these might be the ones. Hopefully they grow on me.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #120 of 121
Hi guys, I have second hand Falcon Pro and do like them (just worry a little bit about battery life bearing in mind they are not new). Knoble house sound is quite addictive, engaging and resolving at the same time. This is my first TWS and I would say the sound is not far from good IEM, not to mention this wireless comfort. I use JVC Spiral Dot eartips on my IEM and Falcon Pro, and happy with sounding.

My only concern is the vacuum building slightly time to time. Anybody knows if they have some vent holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back