In Stock Now: Noble Audio FALCON PRO
May 26, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #91 of 121
Access the app
Go to the gain handle
Decrease the gain
More than likely the floor noise will decrease
For some reason, the gain adjust in my app doesn't stick. I've been trying to get a -3dB gain adjust to hold, but it reverts as soon as I move out of the EQ screen.

Using a OnePlus 8T running Android 11
App Version: 1.0.9
Firmware Version: 2.0

May 27, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #92 of 121
For some reason, the gain adjust in my app doesn't stick. I've been trying to get a -3dB gain adjust to hold, but it reverts as soon as I move out of the EQ screen.

Using a OnePlus 8T running Android 11
App Version: 1.0.9
Firmware Version: 2.0

Contact jim@nobleaudio.com

See if he can assist you further

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 27, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #93 of 121
May 27, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #94 of 121
Access the app
Go to the gain handle
Decrease the gain
More than likely the floor noise will decrease
Does not work. I already decreased it to -9 right from the start, it does not affect the whitenoise in the background. This suggest the noise comes from somewhere else in the chain and not related to the dac signal or amplifier. That does not affect the noise floor at all.

May 27, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #95 of 121
Thank you for confirming. Yeah it's definitely a design flaw, as I ordered a second pair and they have the same behavior. TBH I'm surprised none of the reviewers or owners noticed and reported on that. Maybe you and I are more sensitive to certain frequencies. Anyway I ended up returning and got the upgraded Devialet Gemini. Same SQ and no hiss whatsoever. Couldnt be happier...
My friend also purchased it and im awaiting for him to get his set to test out to see if its a product defect or a design defect.

And yes I am very surprised as well that no one else reported on the hissing, making me wonder if I got a defective set.

I can only guess it could also be due to the way I listen, usually at low volumes and I enjoy many instrumental pieces. I also listen to podcasts a lot on my tws and the hissing is painfully audible and basically spoils the earpiece.

I'd check out your recommendation, but its a huge pity, I really like the tuning and fitting of the falcon pro.

May 27, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #96 of 121
I have a feeling the hissing is a wireless signal interference not something related to the earbuds drivers. The fact that it shows up the moment you turn on the Falcons before you even pair them up makes me think the Bluetooth antenna is emitting some low level noise. Shame as I, like the above poster, really like the sound itself and the comfort of these. For now I've switched to the updated Devialet Geminis. They sound a tad less clear but still pretty good and have zero hiss.

May 27, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #97 of 121
I agree as well. This probably varies from user to user, but I'm one who listens to my earphones at much lower volume than many other people that I know and the hiss is painfully obvious at my listening volume, especially when listening to piano pieces and podcasts.

And it definitely feels like it is related to the bluetooth module from my guess work.

1. Connect the Noble Falcon Pro to your device
2. Pause the music
3. Wait 30s. It seems that the standby timer is probably set at 30s.
4. You can clearly hear a short "twweeeeeet" sound followed by the hissing disappearing altogether. My guess is that "tweeeeet" sound came from a particular component/module being turned off after idling.
5. Tap/vibrate the device, it wakes up the device.

Now here is the crucial part. You can clearly hear the beep coming out of the device about half a second before the "tweeeet" sound, and the hiss starts again.

My personal thoughts is that this background whitenoise has nothing to do with the audio chain and is likely the bluetooth module, and the tweeet sound are artefact signal that is sent out by the bluetooth dac output. The beeps are likely signals controlled by another MCU or something else that doesn't cause the signal noise.

I'd get the Noble Falcon Pro 2 if this hissing can be fixed.

Also, might I add that trying to connect the earphones to the accompanying app on Android is a huge pain. It works 1 in 20 tries and its honestly very frustrating trying to get the companion app to work. That is definitely something that needs a lot of work on.

Other complains I have with the earphones after using it for 2 days is that the master gain settings (and I guess EQ as well) kick in half a second after the device wakes up from standby. I use the device with master gain setting at -9 because the thing is simply too loud, and increasing the volume on my phone by 1 notch makes it go from relatively soft to eardrums blasting loud. Turning it down to -9 feels like it gives me some finer controls over the volume. However, because of this delay in the gain settings being applied, what usually ends up happening is that there is a split second of blasting loud noise before the gain setting kicks in every time I pause wait and resume. Not unusable, but just annoying.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #99 of 121
Is hissing occurs while music playing?
I can't detect a single bit of hiss out of my pair, either when music is playing or otherwise. I don't anticipate you'd have an issue.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #100 of 121
I confirm that I have white noise/hiss with my Falcon Pro too. It’s obvious with quieter music and changing the gain settings does not work.
It's too bad because they sound very good. Without the hiss it would be exceptionnal.

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #104 of 121
I can't detect a single bit of hiss out of my pair, either when music is playing or otherwise. I don't anticipate you'd have an issue.
Mine has it too. The hiss of white noise very audible on the right ear piece. At first, i thought it got a defective unit. Returned it for a new one. Still the same. Couldnt stand a hiss noise so i claim the RMA once more. Got a new pair. Still the same. AGAIN. At this point. I gave up. Already tried to lower the master gain to -9. But it doesnt help at all. The hiss is still there. And when you on -9 master gain. There will be a split second of full -0 gain blast when you playing music that really annoying and probadly not good for your ears.

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #105 of 121
Mine has it too. The hiss of white noise very audible on the right ear piece. At first, i thought it got a defective unit. Returned it for a new one. Still the same. Couldnt stand a hiss noise so i claim the RMA once more. Got a new pair. Still the same. AGAIN. At this point. I gave up. Already tried to lower the master gain to -9. But it doesnt help at all. The hiss is still there. And when you on -9 master gain. There will be a split second of full -0 gain blast when you playing music that really annoying and probadly not good for your ears.
Two questions: what firmware and app version are you on and what source are you using? Noble recently pushed a firmware update to v4. Might help.

To be honest, I love these things post-update. Takes care of a lot of the delays to re-connecting that were driving me nuts for sure, but yeah...not a hint of noise floor to my ears. Hope you can get it taken care of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back