In search of decent 2.0 speakers
Jul 30, 2006 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PYROphonez

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone,

I decided that my pc speakers just aren't up to par. I was wondering if you guys had any good suggestions for speakers for use with my pc for around $50. They only need to be good with music, because I game with headphones. $50 is my limit because I also wanna buy a 2 gb memory stick duo for my psp.
eggosmile.gif

Jul 30, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 7
*morning bump*

How would I use those with my pc?

Does anyone know anything about the Creative Inspire T3030? $36 w/ free shipping
What about the Creative I-Trigue 3400? $61, free shipping
Creative I-Trigue L3800? $70, free shipping

The reason I'm asking about all the creative speakers, is because they're on sale. I'd much rather use the original suggestion (Insignia's) but I don't know how I would hook those up to my X-fi card. Do I need an Amplifier?

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #5 of 7
i myself have had the creative i-trigue 3400 for a few years now, and they are great. great mids, with a pretty neutral sound. unfortunately, the bass remains undefined no matter how much you turn it up. nevertheless, it is still present. highs are so so, but are still noticeable, without any "s" sounds in crash symbols or other similar sounds, even at high volume. in addition, the small yet powerful speakers are easy to mount just about anywhere, as long as you have an extension cable to attach each speaker to the central subwoofer with all the connections in it. overall, a very good buy for the money. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back