In search of closed-back headphones for classical music
Jun 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

taehwan91

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

After reading numerous threads about the same topic, I am still clueless on what headphones to purchase.

The only pair of headphones I've ever owned are Sennheiser HD25-1 II.  I perceived them to produce detailed sounds and to have a neutral tone, and I liked that.

I'm looking for a pair of portable closed-back headphones that are suitable for all types of classical music.  I'm not looking for something super-lightweight, but they have to work well (not necessarily optimally) without an amp.  My budget is $800.

So
1. closed-back
2. portable (for use both with and without an amp)
3. suitable for classical music
4. $800 budget

Thanks in advance!

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi all,

After reading numerous threads about the same topic, I am still clueless on what headphones to purchase.

The only pair of headphones I've ever owned are Sennheiser HD25-1 II.  I perceived them to produce detailed sounds and to have a neutral tone, and I liked that.

I'm looking for a pair of portable closed-back headphones that are suitable for all types of classical music.  I'm not looking for something super-lightweight, but they have to work well (not necessarily optimally) without an amp.  My budget is $800.

So
1. closed-back
2. portable (for use both with and without an amp)
3. suitable for classical music
4. $800 budget

Thanks in advance!

ATH-W1000x(not so portable), SRH940(I rate them as being above $500), K550... idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back