In Search Of a portable DAC/Amp
Dec 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SHFT

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a portable dac/amp to connect to my laptop. The headphone I will be using, is a HD-25, I also have an HE-300 but I wont be using that one a lot with my laptop.

So far I have found:

- Fiio E17k Alpen (maybe the new one is better than the old?) 
- iBasso - D-Zero (119€)
- Audioquest - Dragonfly (149€)
- HRT Microstreamer (185€)
- LH Labs - Geek Out 450 (199€)
- JDS Labs - C5D (249€)
- Meridian Explorer² (299€)

The JDS and Meridian are a tad too expensive for my budget, I read a lot good things about the dragonfly and Geek Out, but how do those compare to the others? 
Portability is a big concern so a like the form factor of the Dragonfly and the Geek Out (although this ones gets hot). Might these options be overkill for the HD-25? 

Would someone be kind enough to guide me a little, I can't see the forest for the trees.

Kind regards,

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a portable dac/amp to connect to my laptop. The headphone I will be using, is a HD-25, I also have an HE-300 but I wont be using that one a lot with my laptop.

So far I have found:

- Fiio E17k Alpen (maybe the new one is better than the old?) 
- iBasso - D-Zero (119€)
- Audioquest - Dragonfly (149€)
- HRT Microstreamer (185€)
- LH Labs - Geek Out 450 (199€)
- JDS Labs - C5D (249€)
- Meridian Explorer² (299€)

The JDS and Meridian are a tad too expensive for my budget, I read a lot good things about the dragonfly and Geek Out, but how do those compare to the others? 
Portability is a big concern so a like the form factor of the Dragonfly and the Geek Out (although this ones gets hot). Might these options be overkill for the HD-25? 

Would someone be kind enough to guide me a little, I can't see the forest for the trees.

Kind regards,

iFi nano iDSD. iFi micro iDSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back