In search for a more portable alternative for my DT-770
Mar 28, 2007 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chopha

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!

Since the summer is around the corner and I sooner or later will end up wearing only t-shirts and shorts I think my DT-770 will be to big to carry with me, so I’m thinking of buying myself a pair of IEM's. I plan to use them straight out of my Ipod (loaded with 320kbit/s mp3 songs) and I need help to decide which one to go for - I can afford approximately $200 USD.

Thanks in advance…
/Chopha

Mar 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

Since the summer is around the corner and I sooner or later will end up wearing only t-shirts and shorts I think my DT-770 will be to big to carry with me, so I’m thinking of buying myself a pair of IEM's. I plan to use them straight out of my Ipod (loaded with 320kbit/s mp3 songs) and I need help to decide which one to go for - I can afford approximately $200 USD.

Thanks in advance…
/Chopha

I was in the same place as you some months ago and went with the Super.fi 5 Pro. You won't get the full bass of the DT 770s, but its not bad, and the clarity and quality is fantastic. While I'd love a bit more bass, the only thing that offers it is the Super.fi 5 EB, which is huge and reputed to be muddy.

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you for the answers!

Unfortunately the Super.fi 5 Pro are way over my economical limit - $375,68 USD here in Sweden.
frown.gif

And I’m looking for a IEM since I think noise canceling are critical for pleasant listening outside the house – so the ATH-CM700ti are not very interesting at this moment. Thanks for tip though Andrew_WOT.

Since the Super.fi 5 Pro are to expensive to me, I’ve been reading a bit on the internet about the less expensive Super.fi 3 ($180,85 USD). What do you think of them and how are they compared to the Etymotic Research ER-6i ($173,86 USD)?

/Chopha

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 6
the er-6i probably won't suit your bass needs... or any etymotic research that is.

only thing i CAN think of is super.fi 5 pros/eb... but too expensive for you, maybe check out for sale forum?

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Can't you have them drop-shipped to you? Buy them from another Head-Fier, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back