In Rainbows - 2 Disk Japanese Release?
Jul 27, 2010 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

salannelson

1000+ Head-Fier
Found this at my local CD shop. I paid 35 bucks for it. It's disks 1 and 2 of In Rainbows. I know nothing about this certain release except for the fact that it's Japanese.

Do you know anything about it?
Was it worth 35 bucks?
Is it real?
Etc.

Thanks.

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 6
The question of "worth" is a tough one -- depends how much you like the music you haven't heard yet, depends on how much of a completist you are, and it depends on how much disposable income you have to throw at music.

I will say that I think "Go Slowly" might be my favorite tune on "In Rainbows" and it's only on disc 2. But one song for $35... still depends on the same questions.  To me the answer is no, but I'm not a completist and I'd quicker spend the money on a jazz box set. I still recommend "Go Slowly" though, if you do get a chance to hear it.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
interesting... why is the packaging Japanese then? For both disks there are lyrics in both English and Japanese.

It's a Japanese import repackaged for their market. For example if you look at the Amazon.com  link it says "Import", but doesn't need repackaging because it's for America. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back