in praise of sleek's improved build quality and amazing customer service
May 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pinny

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to point out that it seems to me that sleek has improved the quality and design of it's parts across the board. I think their early generation pieces left something to be desired, but now they've really gotten the hint and I'm very impressed by recent pieces I have seen.

Also, I'm amazed by how fast these guys turn around shipments. I sent them a package and received it fixed 4 days after I sent it. I sent it first class mail, which means they must have sent it out an hour after receiving it.

May 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 9
They have been very good to me also in this department. Im in Seattle and they are in Florida and when mine broke they actually overnighted it back to me. I had it in 1 day which was over the top amazing. I almost felt bad about it since I know that cost alot.

So do you have the 2009 edition now, is that what you are saying. When you say "parts" do you mean the main piece with the drivers itself. I noticed the chrome part extends all the way to the tube on the new ones.

May 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 9
Yup that's exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't see any official announcement anywhere so I didn't want to go into specifics, but since you did, it's a MUCH better design. The black part coming out of the chrome was flimsy imho and this looks and feels much better to me.

May 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 9
yeah, i dont have much problem with the new SA6 as well. Though! taking the treble tube out is...a scary job. The tiny thing didn't wanna budge and using the "tool" it gave us, didnt seem to make it any easier. Was hoping it'd be easier to swap but so far no issues...
the chrome part tho looks flimsy if you look closely. At least to me, it feel's like silver plated plastic...but all in all, i dont see the problems discussed about in the past about build quality. I throw them around, use them in the gym, commuting, etc. and they still seem to be new!

May 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurosuto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i dont have much problem with the new SA6 as well. Though! taking the treble tube out is...a scary job. The tiny thing didn't wanna budge and using the "tool" it gave us, didnt seem to make it any easier.

"a scary job"

Thats an major understatement, seriously
frown.gif

May 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to point out that it seems to me that sleek has improved the quality and design of it's parts across the board. I think their early generation pieces left something to be desired, but now they've really gotten the hint and I'm very impressed by recent pieces I have seen.

I second that. One of the earpiece of my SA6 recently broke at the level of the small chrome ring circling the treble tube, which was obviously due to the design of the earpiece more than anything else. Well, Sleek replaced it quite quickly and without asking any question by the 2009 version, which seems to be much much more durable with its extended chrome sleeve... I now have a beautifully sounding pair of "2008.5" SA6! :)

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second that. One of the earpiece of my SA6 recently broke at the level of the small chrome ring circling the treble tube, which was obviously due to the design of the earpiece more than anything else. Well, Sleek replaced it quite quickly and without asking any question by the 2009 version, which seems to be much much more durable with its extended chrome sleeve... I now have a beautifully sounding pair of "2008.5" SA6! :)

Same thing happened to me recently. I got the broken earpiece replaced within a week of mailing it out from MD. Got 1 original and 1 2009 model now, which i'm fine with. The 2009 redesign seems much improved. Nice job SA! I just gotta be extra careful with the one original I still got so I won't be without um for another week (not fun).

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Hmmm, so the cable issues are mostly resolved then? They were pretty much the thing that prevented my from buying the SA6, which looks very intriguing for someone who likes to tinker around with stuff without chancing wrecking equipment and voiding warranty

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #9 of 9
To support their customer service praise, I sent them an email over the weekends about cable failure, gave them shipping addy, and received new cable bu Tuesday.In addition, I sent the RMAed cable on Wednesday so yup! got replacement before i even send the old one out.
Andrew did not give me any trouble and made it quick and easy. Great customer service!
Did they change the cable though? It feels difference and they switched to straight plug...at least for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back