In need of some advice about headphones and a question about senn' px-200
Apr 28, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #17 of 25
You get what you pay for though. Sure you can find them cheaper, but you won't find better service than at The Headroom. They have to be able to afford that return policy.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 25
thanks, I think I'll order from them.

one thing though, and I'm sorry to bring this up again, but..It's just that I read SO many good, not to say excelent, reviews about the px-100, which are cheaper, more confortable and apparently much better sounding.
The only issue with them is the fact that they're open, and because they are ment for my portable source (ipod) noise entering will make a real problem.
my question is: How much noise really gets in? will I hear buses? people talking? birds? squirrels?(don't have any).
Is the noise manageable, pr can it be used only indoors?

thanks
Jonathan

May 4, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #19 of 25
The px100 lets in everything. What you hear from the outside wouldn't differ much whether or not you have them on. Unless you only walk in very quiet neighborhoods, you have to crank the music up quite loud.

May 4, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 25
Cup your hand over your ears and that is about the isolation benefit you receive from the px-200s. In my experience, most noise is blocked out at about 50% volume but it is in no way as good as what you would get from those canal phone or noise-cancelling phones.

The main benefit of the closed phone is that you aren't annoying other people in public areas (on a plane, subway, office or in bed for instance) with your tunes leaking out.

May 5, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant of doom

one thing though, and I'm sorry to bring this up again, but..It's just that I read SO many good, not to say excelent, reviews about the px-100, which are cheaper, more confortable and apparently much better sounding.

Personally, I prefer the sound of the PX200 over the PX100. The bass of the PX100 was too boomy for my taste and overall sound too dark. I find the bass of the PX200 to be much more enjoyable but I guess that's because I'm not a basshead.

May 5, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
Personally, I prefer the sound of the PX200 over the PX100. The bass of the PX100 was too boomy for my taste and overall sound too dark. I find the bass of the PX200 to be much more enjoyable but I guess that's because I'm not a basshead.

And you are also not alone, I prefer the PX200 as well.

May 5, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 25
I have been very happy with my 200s for months now. After burn-in, they blossom into a beautiful sounding headphone.

I use them with my Archos and Panny portable dvd/dvd-a/cd player. Like others have said, with the right seal, they really help block out outside noise and the lack of sound leakage will make fellow travellers happy.

I have compared them to the Koss Porta Pros, D66 Eggos and Sony V6 and ended up keeping the Senn 200s. Plus. the folding feature and included case is a huge bonus and they fit nicely in my A/V travel bag. And they are very comfy on the ears.
John

May 5, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #25 of 25
Great!
I ordered them from headroom just now, and my father will pick 'em up when he gets to the US. (I got the 10% head-fi discount - yay
tongue.gif
)

btw, I havent recharged my ipod for a while now - saving the juice it has left (
frown.gif
) for listening to my music the way it was meant to be heard...
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back