in need of amp and dac
Jul 26, 2008 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

demoNMaCHiN3

100+ Head-Fier
i'm currently looking for an amp and dac to listen to music through my computer. i have about $300 to spend. i've been looking around at the different choices but there seems to be too many. at first i thought it'd be best to go with an amp+dac but it seems that it is smarter to purchase them separately. however, this makes it even harder to make a choice. i currently own an hfi-780 and dt770 but i've been mainly using my hfi-780 lately.

i think it'd be best if i went with a tube amp and i'm thinking about getting a little dot mkII or III but i'm not sure which dac to pair it with. i'm also considering a travagan’s white and the corda 2move. i've also heard really good things about the kece's da-151. does anyone have any suggestions? any help is appreciated.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Speak with David Lin at Travagan's. The green and white are AMP/DAC's with the option of OPamp rolling. The customer service is wonderful there. Ive been asking alot of questions about the green and red he has.

The corda 2 move has alot of good ratings also. Hmmm its gonna be a hard one for you :/

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 4
I joined in june and been reading alot. I have the same goals as you, except maybe with a higher budget of $400.

For the DAC, right now, i might go with a keces model 151 ($240)

As for the amp, i dunno, i was thinking of using my home hifi Pioneer system... Before, i had been considering SS LD mkV.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back