In need of a portable amp to complement Grado RS2
Sep 19, 2008 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gideonMorrison

100+ Head-Fier
Which one would you recommend, I'm on the move a lot so I'd like to have a very good portable amp to get some synergy going between them.
I've read that the Pico's dac part is better than the Predator's dac, and the amp part vice versa... More punch etc.
Now, I'm only interested in the amp part, so yeah amp only.
I like the Pico's looks, then again will it fit the rs2s in sound? I'd rather not get the Predator, since I find it too expensive and I don't need the dac.
I'm an all-round listener, and I'd appreciate a warm sound...

Thanks guys.

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 7
I think the Pico is better with the RS-2 than it is with the RS-1, as the RS-2 is already a fuller sounding more intimate and rich sound than the RS-1. I liked it with my RS-2 before I sold them to "thin the herd". I like the predator and 2 MOVE just a little bit better than the Pico, but the Pico wont disappoint you (the size and re-chargeability are a plus over the 2MOVE).

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 7
if price is not an issue, and if you want only an amp (without DAC) no doubt that SR-71a is the "one"
smily_headphones1.gif
that will make your RS-2 shine, it provides enough current even for demanding headphones

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if price is not an issue, and if you want only an amp (without DAC) no doubt that SR-71a is the "one"
smily_headphones1.gif
that will make your RS-2 shine, it provides enough current even for demanding headphones

Have you heard RS2 yourself? how about SR-71a? the combination of both?

Sep 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Pico is better with the RS-2 than it is with the RS-1, as the RS-2 is already a fuller sounding more intimate and rich sound than the RS-1. I liked it with my RS-2 before I sold them to "thin the herd". I like the predator and 2 MOVE just a little bit better than the Pico, but the Pico wont disappoint you (the size and re-chargeability are a plus over the 2MOVE).

Right, then I will probably try to get my hands on a second hand one
wink.gif
Otherwise I will just have to buy it new, only $330 right?
I'm very interested in the 'black bird', though waiting for pics and more info etc...

Sep 19, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm realllllly curious about the SR-71a, wonder what it sounds like
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back