In need of a pair of cheap speakers for the bedroom/computer
Dec 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hente

100+ Head-Fier
Wasn't really sure if I should have posted these in computer audio or here.

Hello, thanks to another post that i've found on this site, I've decided on buying this amp:
http://www.amazon.com/Lepai-Tripath-TA2020-Class-T-Amplifier/dp/B0049P6OTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324107836&sr=8-1

And am considering these speakers:
http://www.electronics-expo.com/polk-m10-bookshelf-speakers - These were the cheapest I could find them at, and shipping isn't a concern since I can just go and pick them up.

I really have no idea what I am doing with speakers, so i'm gonna let you guys do the deciding on whether or not i'm making the right choice.
I'm gonna be using these for movies, music, and possibly gaming.
My music tastes are normally electronic (EDM, hard trance, goa, pop/jpop) but i'm starting to venture more into jazz/vocal jazz.
My budget is around the $60 mark, although I can go for more if it really is a good bang for the buck deal.

If you need any more info from me, just ask, thanks in advance.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 11
For some reason it isn't letting me put this in hte OP, so...:
My budget is around the $60 mark, although I can go for more if it really is a good bang for the buck deal.

I'm gonna end up deciding on Wednesday.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 11
Well u need a 3.5mm/rca and speaker wires and u set ^^ At tight price points also consider used stuff on Craiglist and the marketplaces in audio/hifi forums

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 11
Awesome, I was planning on going Dac/Amp RCA -> Speaker Amp & I have some speaker wires ready, so I suppose i'm good to go.

And yeah, I did check on craigslist. I saw a KLH 514S-AW going for only $40, but I can't seem to find any information or reviews on it anywhere other than Amazon.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 11
Gaaah, shipping turned out to be $20 on the Polk speakers and they aren't available in store...
Welp looking for some more suggestions.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 11
Picked 'em up, thanks.
I received the amp, just waiting for the speakers now.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 11
Welp I am a ****huge idiot wooooo.
Speakers say their W requirement is 120W, but the amp only outputs 20W per channel, how badly is this going to affect my SQ?

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 11
It's more a function of their efficiency. If they're efficient, you'll be fine.

Quote:
Welp I am a ****huge idiot wooooo.
Speakers say their W requirement is 120W, but the amp only outputs 20W per channel, how badly is this going to affect my SQ?

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #11 of 11
^Alrighty, thanks.

Just got the speakers in, I don't have any speaker stands and my desk is full, so I needed to put 'em on the floor.
I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound, I really wanna know what these things sound like when they're ear level now... ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back