In need of a laugh? Turn on FOX - American Idol auditions
Jan 23, 2003 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Zin_Ramu

100+ Head-Fier
While we are usually in pursuit of audio bliss, sometimes the opposite can be downright hilarious. Even Paula who tries to be nice has had to say she's speechless a few times. Its amazing how bad some of these people are and yet they still think they are good. Even the judge's burst out laughing every now and then.

Zin

Jan 23, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 14
We had quite a few good laughs at home with this episode.
Very funny stuff.
biggrin.gif

It good to know that no matter how bad you are at singing, there is always someone worst out there.
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2003 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 14
I don't understand how some of these people think they sing well enough to go on television. I have a feeling they're just workers or volunteers posing as contestants to lure people into watching the englishman ridicule them.

Jan 23, 2003 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 14
Did you see that jackass who tried to sing the Star Spangled Banner? He sounded terrible, and he didn't even get the words right!

Jan 23, 2003 at 8:57 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

The only thing sadder than the people who thought they could sing is the people who sit and watch that show.

I feel sorry for the 3 judges as well as the people who watched it. It's not that they're mean and rude, it's simply because those people SUCK!

And yes, I admit I watched it too.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2003 at 11:45 AM Post #9 of 14
LOL, I did watch alittle bit. Not the performances but the Judge's critism of the contestants :
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2003 at 12:55 PM Post #10 of 14
We've had this in the UK for the past couple of years now.

The winners of these competitions get recording contracts with Pete Waterman (who you may remember as the manager of Kylie, Jason Donovan, Rick Astley, Bros and whole host ofther crap 80s so-called singers) for a period of one year.

The buggers then appear in every newspaper, tv show, music magazine and every radio station across the land.

It would be almost funny if they weren't so bleeding dire. The mere mention of Will, Gareth, Hear Say and Girls Aloud is enought to give me fits of rage.

Such is their Craptacular Caterwallings.
mad.gif

Sound As Ever

Jan 23, 2003 at 5:09 PM Post #12 of 14
My favorite critism went something like:

SIMON: "You are umm one of a kind."

CONTESTANT: Starts to smile and says "thank you" barely being able to contain his enthusiasm.

PAULA AND RANDY: Start laughing

CONTESTANT: Starts worring ... says "That's a good thing right?"

SIMON: "Not exactly, you are without a doubt the worst signer I've ever heard"

Well its typical FOX comedy, but sometimes its fun to indulge. Some of the contestants must have known they suck, but they play it so well, like there is no doubt in their mind they are good, it makes you wonder.

Zin

Jan 23, 2003 at 6:50 PM Post #13 of 14
What's with all the high pitched "male" vocal contestants?

Jan 23, 2003 at 7:59 PM Post #14 of 14
From what I've heard:
Seeing as that Simon, Paula and Randy couldn't possibly audition everyone who lines up within a reasonable amount of time, each prospect has to appear before two or three preliminary judges before reaching the celebs...

So that means that the bad singers were put through to the celeb judges, not because they had real talent or any real chance of moving on, but instead to be broadcast humiliating themselves and for FOX to get a cheap laugh...

Shame.

That said, I watched...but I hated myself for it!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back