In need for headphones good for trance £100-£200
Mar 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

JoyboyP

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. The day before last I had a tragic accident and my headphones went rolling down the stairs. Both cups snapped completely through the plastic and a couple of wires snapped (So they are very dead). They were the Sony PULSE headset elite edition they were great headphones but have weak points in the plastic, so I thought it was time for something new.

I'm new to the audio arena and need some more experienced input.
I'm looking for closed/noise cancelling headphones that no one can hear but me.
I like to listen to a lot of Trance, Dub-step VOCALOID and other electronic music
I do like a fair amount of bass in my music but not so much that it washes everything else out.
I would like these to be around the ear, not on the ear headphones (for maximum comfort).
I do prefer the bass to be adjustable, but this is not that important.
I prefer black semi stylish headphones but again this isn't important.
These headphones are for going out and about (on the bus and walking around shops) and not home use.
I have a budget of £100-£200 

Any suggestions would be most helpful I've already spent several day looking for new headphones that tick all the boxes with no luck. I've highlighted the most important things I'm looking for. I'm new to forum posting, sorry if I seem a bit abrupt.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 18
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro seem to fit the majority of your criteria... 'Stylish' might be pushing it and they are possibly a bit on the large side but they tick all the other boxes ...

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 18
Ultrasone HFI-580s. Made for electronic music. Very isolating. Amp is not required for them. Comfort is little downside. Long periods of listening (like 3-4+ hours) may be unconfortable.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 18
  I've been doing some looking around and come across the V Moda M100 on ebay at about £140. Would these be a good option for what I'm looking for?

V-moda M100 is a very great headphone for bassheads. the bass will muffled the mids and high a bit but that's expected from bass oriented headphone

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 18
The Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) sounds like it would fit your criteria. Easy to drive, looks good, great for all electronic music, great sub-bass with deep extension, mids and highs are clear and present and it's very comfortable. Stock pads are pretty good but add the Brainwavz HM5 pads and both sound and comfort increase exponentially.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 18
I was just looking at the Sony MDR-1RBT and they seem rather promising. As I use my PS VITA to listen to my music on the go, the bluetooth sounds like a good idea.
Any thoughts on this will be helpful.

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #13 of 18
Joyboy - Several people have given you some really good suggestions which you seem to have ignored. It would be helpful if you could explain why you rejected each one - then we could offer different choices.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #14 of 18
It's not that I've rejected each one, I've just got a list going and I'm wondering which one would be the best option.
Sorry if it looks that way, I'm new to forums in general so I didn't real think of it that way.
I've also been doing my own research and post what I thought may be good options and wanted to know what people thought.

At the moment I am leaning towards the following in order:
Ultrasone HFI 780
V Moda M100
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #15 of 18
i'm far from being an expert butI recently listened to AKG K550 and was impressed. Richer has them at about £109 which is really discounted but you have to phone em - they don't seem to want to sell them!

I am also a Sennheiser fan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back