In love with my Grados!
Nov 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

tribestros

100+ Head-Fier
I'm absolutely enamored with the way these sound...so crisp and thick, and have a lush mid-range. They sound amazing from my iPod but even better from my AV receiver.

It was quite amusing last night, my nephew came in, and has really only listened to some Bose (he's like 12) and was jamming out hardcore, haha. He told me "I might wake up one morning and find them missing"

I have the SR-60i. Who else truly feels 'affectionate' to their Grados or am I the only one?

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by tribestros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the SR-60i. Who else truly feels 'affectionate' to their Grados or am I the only one?

You must be new here.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by btsgreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must be new here.
tongue_smile.gif

Well it's not too hard to see that they joined this month
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should try RS-1's they're so much better, heard SR-80's didn't think much of them.

Got the upgrade bug yet? :-D

Oh lol, yes I'm sure he'll go out and buy them ASAP.

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 16
Yeap, I love my SR-80i's. So happy with the sound. I've some HD595 and if I've been listening to the 80's I can't listen to the Senns - they sound so different.

I got some HD414 pads today and cut a hole in them (as used by others here) and they are not very comfy... the only downside. See how I get on with that mod. I'm going to recable them for a longer cable and 6.35mm plug and replace the plastic mesh with metal.

I'm looking forward to getting my MS1 which I ordered a couple of days ago. Really can't wait!

Nov 14, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 16
I don't plan on upgrading them for a while, however, I want to mod them a little...new headband, aesthetic changes, and bowl pads...maybe recabling but Grado's cable is top notch.

Nov 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 16
You don't need to go top of the line to get a lot from Grados - many stop upgrading with the 225s or 325is, and are quite happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes, I love my 325i goldies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 16
I'm very happy with the 60 and iPod. Congrats on your purchase!

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #11 of 16
I adore my HF-2s. I'd honestly buy another pair!

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 16
I just bought a SR225i two hours ago, and I'm really impressed! I had an SR80i before I got these, and I'm pretty surprised at how big of a difference there is between them.

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #13 of 16
I love both my SR-80i and my SR-225 They both rock (literally)!
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers!

Nov 15, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by tribestros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm absolutely enamored with the way these sound...so crisp and thick, and have a lush mid-range.

If you're in love with your Grado SR60i
Then I'm in love with my Grado SR60.

Tribestros, I'm very happy for you and your new headphone.

To those new headfier out there who are wishing the sound from a headphone that they will surely enjoy, time is gold, buy a Grado SR60i now.

This coming X'mas a new headfier will be happy
If he will buy a Grado SR60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back