In high school and need some extra cash for headphones?
May 1, 2007 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

pheonix991

500+ Head-Fier
I have found out that, by carrying around a box of candy that I purchased from cosco or sam's club for $11, I can make $19 by selling the box of 30 pieces for a dollar each. I've only been told I couldn't sell it in one of my classes, and that was after lunch when no one buys anything because it is after lunch...

But, this is an easy way to get some extra cash for those MS-1's I've been wanting. I see it this way, I'm not getting paid to sit in school, so, why not try to make a little cash for sitting there eh?

May 1, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 33
Is that some form of drug dealing there my friend?
eek.gif
tongue.gif

May 1, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 33
better watch it, it wont be long before the irs come knocking on your door and ask you to pay your income tax.

btw, how do you get away selling them for a $1? arent they the 50cents kind? i bet most of your classmates think it's some sort of fundraiser.

May 1, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 33
Get a part time job and work 1 day a week, and you'll have $ for yous MS-1 in about a month

and also you'll learn how to deal with annoying customers, work with coworkers whom you hate....etc

May 1, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #10 of 33
Come the hell on guys, this is a public forum, and the OP was in no way referring to drugs...

I knew a guy that did this almost every day in highschool, he always had some kind of candy, and around valentines day he sold the candy roses.

My little brother did this too, when he was in 4th grade, what a little entrepreneur, the school made him stop though.

May 1, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiliman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come the hell on guys, this is a public forum, and the OP was in no way referring to drugs...

STOP SWEARING!!!!!
wink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ermm thats great but why not get a part time job? When i was your age i worked in the summer and pulled in around 900-1200 every 2 weeks depending on how much overtime I did. Sure beats selling candy. I had enough money to buy whatever I wanted, and ms-1's to me were cheap!

Yeah, I'm going to get a job at a car dealership doing their computers. And I've had a job in the past, worked with crappy co workers, and what not. I'm just saying, sell candy, get a few extra bucks, it isn't like I'm trying to say quit your job and just sell candy, that is dumb. I pay about 36 cents a piece, and sell for a dollar. Nobody cares, that is what all the kids with fund raisers sell the candy for. I've even flat out told people that this isn't a fund raiser, and 99% of them don't care. So, stop ragging on me. It is just for the past few months, my life has been kinda rough, and this is the only way I could get some money!

May 1, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 33
GJ dude. You make your money without investing time after school! I think it's a great idea, one I thought about when I was still in grade school but was always too lazy to ever do.

May 1, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 33
I don't see anything wrong with it, I had friends that ran an entire convenience store out of their lockers way back in HS. Go nuts I say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back