In ears
Mar 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RoskaL

New Head-Fier
I no nothing about these things but i want a decent pair, preferably with removeable cables
Am I right in thinking you can get these and with the custom ear fitting thing which I'm guessing you can mold from silicon?
The best in ears iv owned were shure ec3s
Can someone point me in a good starting direction? Not sure on how much j can spend but I don't want it to be Mega bucks as it'll be the first decent pair I'll have
I love doing custom cables which is why id rather have remove able

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 6
The cheapest way into customs is buying a pair of TF10's and using the Fisher Hearing group buy remold service. Cables are removable, you can pick your own color etc etc.

They sound promising, are they fairly good? Must be better than the things I'm using atm haha
What does the remold service do? Send them the earphones? I'm from the UK

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
They sound promising, are they fairly good? Must be better than the things I'm using atm haha
What does the remold service do? Send them the earphones? I'm from the UK

You get impressions of your ears made. You buy a set of TF10 or other headphone that can be made into customs. They take your impressions and make the custom molds and put the drivers from the TF10 into the custom molds. Unique Melody is another company doing remolds, they are more expensive than Fisher.

http://www.inearz.com/

http://custom-iem.com/

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Let's not forget about Heir Audio and 1964 Ears who also do reshell 
smile.gif

But if you're willing to spend just a little more, there are many great options right now on the market for actual customs and not just remolds. Just some examples, the entry level Heir Audio 3.A is $350, the 5-driver DRM Earz DRM-5x is $565, 1964-T is $400. While I don't have any universal reshells, I have 3 pairs for customs and they are all superior to my universals, even the entry level 2 driver JH5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back