In ears under £50
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

IesaAR

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of budget i ears that won't fall out of my ears and sound good. I'd like to get a pair from a a well known brand with good UK warranty. From what I know the following in ears are good:
-Sony EX650AP
-Soundmagic E10C
-Beyerdynamic Byron
Any other recommendation are welcome. Also I come from some Grado SR60E's, so I like open, airy sou8nd and would love that with my in ears. Kind of off topic, but how are the VE Monks for open, airy sound? They're £5 so I don't care about warranty too much. TIA :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 15
Hi, maybe check out RHA UK based manufacturer. They have a wide range of iems with varying price points. Offer a 3 year warranty which they stand by. Think that their 500 line would suit our preference re sq. Happy hunting.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 15
Hi, maybe check out RHA UK based manufacturer. They have a wide range of iems with varying price points. Offer a 3 year warranty which they stand by. Think that their 500 line would suit our preference re sq. Happy hunting.
Thanks :) I'll check em out. I saw the MA650i's on sale once or twice for £30. Is it much better than the S500?

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 15
Thanks :) I'll check em out. I saw the MA650i's on sale once or twice for £30. Is it much better than the S500?
Yep, would imagine that the MA's would be a step up from the 500's That's a good deal for the 650's. Just be sure that the are authorised as it may negate warranty. . I use the 500's for plug in and go. Another member mentioned the Fiio's which are worth considering. Check out return policy's on purchases in case they are not to your liking.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #8 of 15
Yep, would imagine that the MA's would be a step up from the 500's That's a good deal for the 650's. Just be sure that the are authorised as it may negate warranty. . I use the 500's for plug in and go. Another member mentioned the Fiio's which are worth considering. Check out return policy's on purchases in case they are not to your liking.
Yep, unfortunately the deal was half a year back :p I suppose I'll wait till it goes back on sale. How about the MA390U? Will it sound significantly worse? The Fiio's would be nice, but I prefer to buy from actual shops as returning is a whole lot easier. But if the returns policy is good enough, I suppose I could justify it. Do they stay in ears well? That's the issue with my current Samsung included earphones as well micro phonics

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 15
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #10 of 15
Agree re return policy. Have to admit though from all my years in this hobby RHA offer the best customer service.. I had to return my MA705's last year and they just replaced them without me sending in the effected ones. Haven't heard the MA390U so am afraid cant help you on this. Have only listened to the Fiio's for a short time but ya the seemed fine re staying in ones ear.

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #11 of 15
Agree re return policy. Have to admit though from all my years in this hobby RHA offer the best customer service.. I had to return my MA705's last year and they just replaced them without me sending in the effected ones. Haven't heard the MA390U so am afraid cant help you on this. Have only listened to the Fiio's for a short time but ya the seemed fine re staying in ones ear.
Thanks! Very helpful, this brings RHA closer to the top of my list

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #12 of 15
f
Thanks! Very helpful, this brings RHA closer to the top of my list
No probs, have a lot of time on my hands as am snowed in. Not to complicate purchasing decisions... The HIFIMAN RE-400 is an absolute belter of an iem. Its quite neutral and airy but with a proper seal it can bring up the bass without getting bloated. When they were engineering them the remit was how can we manufacture the best sub 100 dollar iem in the market. Picked mine up for 50 Euro. They called them "The Water Line" to describe that its the best that they can do! They are available on Amazon as far as I know. Very small housing and fit nicely. One of their latest high end iems use the same housing design but cost over a thousand dollars. Amazon have a good return and warranty policy.

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #13 of 15
f

No probs, have a lot of time on my hands as am snowed in. Not to complicate purchasing decisions... The HIFIMAN RE-400 is an absolute belter of an iem. Its quite neutral and airy but with a proper seal it can bring up the bass without getting bloated. When they were engineering them the remit was how can we manufacture the best sub 100 dollar iem in the market. Picked mine up for 50 Euro. They called them "The Water Line" to describe that its the best that they can do! They are available on Amazon as far as I know. Very small housing and fit nicely. One of their latest high end iems use the same housing design but cost over a thousand dollars. Amazon have a good return and warranty policy.
I was stuck as well, snow has gone now. I'd actually LOVE to have the RE400's, but I know how quickly they break. I read a review saying a guy went through 2 of them in a year of light to medium use. My use is heavy, so as much as I'd love to own these beauties, i can't afford to. I'm getting more and more ideas now, the Final Audio Heaven 2 are supposed to sound very natural and I'm yet to hear any horror stories about those. 1 year warranty, on amazon though :frowning2: the Philips I previously menioned seem to make sense, hi res drivers, £13 and from Argos

Mar 3, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #14 of 15
Hi, i have an extra pair of the HIMAN's that I can mail to you if you are interested, Have had no issue re durability and are in pristine condition. Do not have the original box and ear tips. This is FOC. PM your shipping address and will gladly post them. Paul.

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 15
Hi, i have an extra pair of the HIMAN's that I can mail to you if you are interested, Have had no issue re durability and are in pristine condition. Do not have the original box and ear tips. This is FOC. PM your shipping address and will gladly post them. Paul.
No need, but thanks for the offer I'll probably get the TX2's and refund them if I'm not too happy. Anyway thanks for all the help, will remember your advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back