In-ears for EDM, replacement for Shure SE215! +/- 100$
Jul 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SpArkLeS

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some new in-ear headphones to replace my Shure SE215's. I bought these after my Sleek Audio SA-1's broke down. But the se215 are uncomfortable as hell. I just can't keep those things in my ear for more than 15minutes. :frowning2:

I listen to a broad spectrum of edm: Tech House/House/Electro House and recently also got into dubstep (the more chillstep one) and glitch hop (love Koan Sound). I love a good bass, but it shouldn't overpower.

I mostly use headphones, but for some occasions I do need the in ears. It would also be a bones if they don't leak alot of sound.
Headphones (V-moda m100, Sennheiser Momentum (over ear), Ultrasone Pro 550)

Budget: +/- 100$, if it's really worth I'm willing to spend 150$.

thx!

Edit:

1. After some research, I've found the Audiofly AF56 and Denon C300

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

Yamaha EPH-100 are very good for the genres you've listed, they come with 5 different sized tips, but comfort is a pretty personal thing.
Have you tried Comply Foam Tips?

Best Luck!

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 5
which shure tips are you using them? The silicon can hurt if it doesn't fit your ear properly. The foam is your best bet if you don't choose a size too big. And make sure you're inserting them properly. A lot of people get it wrong even though many think they are doing it right.
The sizes are different for the tips. I'm a medium shure foam/small comply foam.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 5
You should try the foam tips, they are a perfect fit for me and most users I read on here.

I have the Shure SE215 SPE with Fiio RC SE 1 and theyre quite good for EDM but too bassy for mid and high details in my opinion. But you should try them again with foam tips if comfort is your main problem.

Id love to help with what you're looking for, but Ive only been reading reviews for IEMs on the 200-300$ range.

And as for the 100$ range, ive chosen the Shure SE215 SPE, so you might want to play with them again.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 5
thx I tried out all the supplied tips. I think I insert them correctly, it's just uncomfortable, it's more the earpiece itself than the tips. 

I like the sound though, currently using the silicone tips, for some reason the foam ones hurt even more. 

I don't think I'll keep them, I already gave them a second chance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back