In-Ears closest to the Ultrasone Pro 900s
Sep 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gustavthelion

New Head-Fier
I've have a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's for the past two years and I love them. However, I've recently upgraded my apartment's sound system and I don't need them at home anymore. So I plan on selling them off and getting in-ears for on the go. I would like phone controls (i use a beats controlTalk cable with my 900s), but I realize most in-ears don't offer them in the higher end models, so i guess i could sacrifice them for significantly better sound. I've done some research and found that in Westone the UX series is more "flat" compared the regular series (UX3 vs 3). But I'm not sure how to compare that to my headphones. The 900s have a significant amount of bass but its not overblown like Beats or anything, but at the same time I like that its still punchy. Also, i'd only consider In-ear's that sound good without an amp. I've also seen that Shure remote cable has terrible reviews so maybe it doesn't matter. Any suggestions? Oh and i'm looking to spend less than $400.

Also i saw the UE remote cable http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories/
what other headphones would that work on? maybe that could help.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks, that's what i'm seeing. the UE TF10's come in a version with a mic for 350. you think they're still better than the Westone 4's? those come in at the same price without a cable though :/

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 7
  thanks, that's what i'm seeing. the UE TF10's come in a version with a mic for 350. you think they're still better than the Westone 4's? those come in at the same price without a cable though :/

Personally I prefer I the UE TF 10's to the 4s, you could also look at the UE 900 which has 4 drivers, but I know they have had a lot of connector issues

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 7
I just looked on ebay and I think I got an amazing deal back in the day. Might want to still consider getting it used and getting new tips or getting the standard triple fi 10 and grab the mic cable for <$50.

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #7 of 7
Yeah i found them used for 170 i think. But could i use the UE custom mic cable with them? it seems much sturdier.

http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories

48" Black Cable with Inline remote and Microphone (After September 1, 2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back