in-ear vs over-ear headphones budget is 150$
Nov 14, 2016 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Mohamad Itani

New Head-Fier
hello, i have atm ipod classic 160GB 7th gen with razer kraken pro (i know its a gaming headset). i want to add a portable amp with better headphones, line out from ipod to poratable amp (thinking of fiio A3). and now for the headphones.. i need help for picking up a new headphone in-ear or over-ear better than the razer kraken pro. what would u recommend? :D

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 18
In order to give you a good recommendation, we need more information.

Do you want in ear or over ear or even on ear? What kind of music do you like to listen to? You should research different frequency responses or sound signatures of headphones. This will help you determine what headphone is best for you. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 18
my budget is like 150$ for in-ear or over-ear. i listen to rap, pop and some oldies (whatever music that is good :D )
and would the fiio A3 be an overkill for in ear headphones ?
i'm used to over-ear headphones but my friend told me to try the in-ear (better than over-ear).

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 18
The FiiO are very popular. For over-ear I like the Sennheiser HD598 but they are open back. They can usually be had around $100 around the holiday season. For in ear you could probably find the Shure SE425 close to your budget if you don't mind second hand. I think that would be a much better alternative tot he SE215s.

Also you don't need to bump your posts. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 18
Well if you are going to be listening in a quiet environment, and won't be disturbing others then I'd say get the hd598. If you need sound isolation and will be around a lot of people than the in-ear would be a better option. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 18
my ipod built in amp isnt good (left is louder than right) so i have to use a line out dock to connect the headphones. the line out signal is un-amplified so i would need a portable amp.
in terms of sound quality, which is better the hd 598 or se215 ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back