In Ear Recommendation
Nov 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ArronZacx

New Head-Fier
Hey all, looking for recommendations for an In Ear that matches my listening preference. I listen to a wide variety of music but mainly some variant of rock or metal (blues, classic, heavy, a ton of prog etc.) and I generally don't listen to electronic music. What I'm looking for is earbuds that
  1. Has lots of details and clarity
  2. Having a balanced sound with no instruments being outshined or underwhlemed, maybe a bit on the bright side (for some reason guitarists tend to be slightly treble deaf)
  3. Deep bass extension is not required (as I don't really listen to EDM or such)
  4. Soundstage isn't really a priority to me
  5. The non-over ear types (i.e. think Meze 11 and not Westone UM Pro 10)
  6. Budget I would say around SGD400 (or USD300)
For reference, current headphones I own whose sound I like best are Sony MDR 7506 and Philips SHP9500s. So any in ears that sound similar to them would be great. Some earbuds I've considered are Etymotic ER4 (couldn't get past the ear tips), Grado GR10 (too expensive) and Campfire Audio Comet (still on the fence as I'm not sure about the sound).

Hope someone would be able to help and many thanks in advance :gs1000smile:

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 3
I think Campfire Comet is really nice. It has surprisingly good bass for a balanced armature iem (in this price) and the treble extension is also decent.
I think Final E5000 is very good, too. It scales up when paired up with higher input power. When using an amp, I would even say it is one of the best under $500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back