In-ear recomendation for less than 50 U$S
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

strikeruy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!.

Googling I found this site and spend hours on it.. amazing!.. thanks to everyone for the post and threads.

I need a "in-ear monitor" for my motorcycle travels.

I'm using a cheap Philips SHE3575 (cheap in USA, here in Uruguay cost me 30 dolars!!).

Right now, I have a friend in USA who could buy me and bring me one, so I need to decide which one.

The only requisite is that the model should be without the "stick" where the cable begin.. I don't know the correct name..

This is because I use with a motorcycle helmet, and the stick injure my ear (because of the helmet design)...

THIS type it's the one I need

THIS type it's the one I DIDN'T want

I usually listen to electronic music (house, minimal, techno), so I love the bass!.

Any recommendation?

I'm watching this models (i really didn't know the differences):

1. Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver
  2. Sony MDRXB60EX/GLD Extra Bass
  3. Sony MDREX40LP (cheap, I have this one before the philips)

Why Sony?.. because I don't know any other brand, but I dont know  :)

Thanks a lot!!!

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Hi everyone!.

Googling I found this site and spend hours on it.. amazing!.. thanks to everyone for the post and threads.

I need a "in-ear monitor" for my motorcycle travels.

I'm using a cheap Philips SHE3575 (cheap in USA, here in Uruguay cost me 30 dolars!!).

Right now, I have a friend in USA who could buy me and bring me one, so I need to decide which one.

The only requisite is that the model should be without the "stick" where the cable begin.. I don't know the correct name..

This is because I use with a motorcycle helmet, and the stick injure my ear (because of the helmet design)...

THIS type it's the one I need

THIS type it's the one I DIDN'T want

I usually listen to electronic music (house, minimal, techno), so I love the bass!.

Any recommendation?

I'm watching this models (i really didn't know the differences):

1. Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver
  2. Sony MDRXB60EX/GLD Extra Bass
  3. Sony MDREX40LP (cheap, I have this one before the philips)

Why Sony?.. because I don't know any other brand, but I dont know  :)

Thanks a lot!!!

Within your recommendations, the Sony XBA-1 isnt really suited if you love bass. Mids and highs are gret on the XBA-1, but ive had better bass IEM's before. The MDRXB60 is a good choice. These are my favorite buds when it comes to bass, and the sound stage and seperation in these monitors are great for the price.

Although my recommendations are:

Klipsch s4 (one of the best IEM that can be placed into any type of genre).

I'm not really skilled in IEM's, i mostly excell when it comes to headphones but since i believe that you trust philips, here's a couple from their brand.

Philips SHE8000 (great for the price)
Philips St. Germain
Philips O'Neill The Tread.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #3 of 10
The XBA-1 is like kissing your sister 
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 10
Yep, definitely the Soundmagic E10s, you can get the E10Ms which give you controls for phones and a mic. The earpieces are nice and small so they comfortably fit under a helmet

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 10
Try to find the Green House GH-ERC-DMS, it's the best value balanced-armature in-ear monitor around.

If that's a hassle and you want Sony, I heard the Sony MDR-EX310 is excellent.

Vsonic GR06 is another favorite which you can find on ebay and you won't regret.

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Thanks a lot to everyone!.

I take a day to read about all your's recommendations.

I decide that the SOUNDMAGIC E10 it's the best for my needs (price vs sound).

Some reviews, recomend using a differente eartip, like this one Comply Tsx-400 Comfort PLUS Earphone Tips

What do you think?..

Thanks a lot!.

Agree. Get those eartips instead of its regulars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back