In-ear phones - iPhone - AUD150 - Hip Hop/Electro/Reggae
Oct 24, 2012 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Obyboby

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm new here :D I'm from Perth and I'm about to purchase a pair of in-ear phones for my new iPhone 5.
I've owned a pair of Sennheiser MM-50 which worked pretty well, they fit perfectly in my ear and played my music greatly.
Since they're not working anymore, I'm looking for a replacement. My budget is about AUD 150, and as the title says, I will be using them on my iPhone exclusively, to play some electro music (Deadmau5, Approaching Nirvana, etc..), some Hardcore electro music (Evil Activites, Ophidian...), Hip-Hop and Reggae.

I'm interested in the Klipsch Image S4i (II) model, which seem to be a very good quality/price compromise, but by surfing on this board a little bit I discovered new models and brands I haven't heard of before, so I decided to open a thread to ask for a couple of opinions more before proceeding to my purchase. :D

I was looking at the Monster Beats Tour and Turbine, but they look a bit too overpriced..

Thanks to everyone who will reply :D

Roberto

Ps: I also read that the image s4i don't fit perfectly in every ear. While this is normal, I'm a bit afraid that they would keep falling off my ears and that would make me mad.. :\

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 10
I can't decide between Dunu DN-19 and Klipsch image s4i II.... Any help?
The first ones are available on eBay only.. Are there lots of fakes of Dunu??

Please help me decide :p

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 10
For your genres Yamaha EPH-100 for $99 through exeltek.com (located in Australia)

http://www.exeltek.com.au/yamaha-eph-100-in-ear-headphones-earphones-p-3298.html

Oct 26, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 10
Don't think there are fake Dunu, mine are up for sale, and are genuine from Dunu.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 10
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm now choosing between the Dunu and the Klipsch only.
The only thing about Dunu that I don't like is that they don't have the microphone and remote... That's the only thing that actually confuses me. I can't decide.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 10
do you really need the mic?

because the DN-19 are excellent, especially as you can tune the bass to your liking. And the cable is lovely and the accessories.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 10
I don't really need the mic, but having the volume and play/pause buttons would be really handy. I've been using a pair of sennheiser which didn't have the volume buttons, only the play/pause one, and it was ok.. I guess it's better to have better quality than some handy buttons :p

For the guy who's selling the Dunu: I'd rather buying a brand new pair, but I'll consider yours. Send me some good pics via PM or via email (ask me) and I'll see, thanks.

Is dunu's cable durable? Looks like it isn't.. I'm wrong for sure...

So you guys would definitely suggest the Dunu rather than the klipsch???

Klipsch would be better for:

- buttons
- "straight" audio jack (not the 90 degrees one)
- better noise insulation?

While Dunu would be better because of the sound quality..

I'm so damn confused. -.-"

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #9 of 10
90 degree jack is stronger than straight, the cable should be durable, it feels fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back